+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL HISTORY - CONFUSION

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how exactly does one approach the TRAVEL HISTORY form?

I am currently a resident of Oman since 2 years holding employment visa.
earlier to that i was back my home country for a couple of years.
prior to that i was a resident of UAE country holding a family visa with my parents.

so my question is:

1. when i am currently in oman, do i mention the dates of travel from oman perspective? e.g. all places i traveled to and back (FROM OMAN)
2. when i was in UAE, do i mention the dates of travel from UAE perspective? e.g. all places i travelled (FROM UAE) to and back including home country india?
3. Or do i mention all dates from my home country perspective?

Could someone kindly throw some light on this?

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
NR_John said:
how exactly does one approach the TRAVEL HISTORY form?

I am currently a resident of Oman since 2 years holding employment visa.
earlier to that i was back my home country for a couple of years.
prior to that i was a resident of UAE country holding a family visa with my parents.

so my question is:

1. when i am currently in oman, do i mention the dates of travel from oman perspective? e.g. all places i traveled to and back (FROM OMAN)
2. when i was in UAE, do i mention the dates of travel from UAE perspective? e.g. all places i travelled (FROM UAE) to and back including home country india?
3. Or do i mention all dates from my home country perspective?

Could someone kindly throw some light on this?
Alright so you are in kind of a same situation as me, therefore i will tell you how i did mine. As i was in Saudi Arabia then came back to my home country then came to Canada and in between i have been traveling to my home country.
First you need to know, what is your country of nationality and what is your country of residence right now. Skip all the travels your did for those country and then open your passport. You will have Exit entry stamps for all your travels back and fort to Oman since your turned 18, gather the dates ..write it down on the paper. then arrange them from the most recent as first and stat putting dates in the travel history.
As i was under employment in saudia arabia so i have wirtten that in travel history. I am resident of Canada right now and only traveled to my country of nationality therefore did not mention any of that in the travel history.
I think it does not matter if you mention the dates from Oman perspective or your own country. what maters is that those dates should be on your passport. I followed the dates of my country instead of saudi arabia.
I hope i have answered what you are looking for!

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
Alright so you are in kind of a same situation as me, therefore i will tell you how i did mine. As i was in Saudi Arabia then came back to my home country then came to Canada and in between i have been traveling to my home country.
First you need to know, what is your country of nationality and what is your country of residence right now. Skip all the travels your did for those country and then open your passport. You will have Exit entry stamps for all your travels back and fort to Oman since your turned 18, gather the dates ..write it down on the paper. then arrange them from the most recent as first and stat putting dates in the travel history.
As i was under employment in saudia arabia so i have wirtten that in travel history. I am resident of Canada right now and only traveled to my country of nationality therefore did not mention any of that in the travel history.
So you are saying i should NOT include all my trips from Oman (resident) to india(origin) OR UAE(resident) to India(origin)??

my passports are full of stamps in all pages and (as per your suggestion) if i skip all travels from my resident country to India, then i am left with just one holiday travel to Italy in May 2016. So are you saying i should post only this italy travel dates?

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
First you need to know, what is your country of nationality and what is your country of residence right now.

Skip all the travels your did for those country and then open your passport. <---- i didnt understand this line.

You will have Exit entry stamps for all your travels back and fort to Oman since your turned 18, gather the dates ..write it down on the paper. then arrange them from the most recent as first and stat putting dates in the travel history. <--- this is clear. so i have to include all dates back and forth from oman to india

As i was under employment in saudia arabia so i have wirtten that in travel history. I am resident of Canada right now and only traveled to my country of nationality therefore did not mention any of that in the travel history. <--- 'did not mention' again seems to be not clear.

I think it does not matter if you mention the dates from Oman perspective or your own country. what maters is that those dates should be on your passport. I followed the dates of my country instead of saudi arabia. <---- CLEAR :)

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
NR_John said:
So you are saying i should NOT include all my trips from Oman (resident) to india(origin) OR UAE(resident) to India(origin)??

my passports are full of stamps in all pages and (as per your suggestion) if i skip all travels from my resident country to India, then i am left with just one holiday travel to Italy in May 2016. So are you saying i should post only this italy travel dates?
No, what i am saying is that if you are in Oman than you can not be a resident of UAE aright now. You can be a resident of only one country. So you need to mention the duration of UAE , as that is a history now. And yes you don't need to mention back and forth trips from Oman to India as it is between your country of resident to country of nationality, considering you are currently resident of Oman.
You definitely need to mention Italy. And yes my passport is full of stamps as well, but they are all from Canada to Pakistan. that is between my country of residence to country of origin. So i have only one trave history , despite these many stamps on my passport.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I haven't got my ita yet but I assumed you just listed all travels regardless.

Are you saying that it asks for details in a specific way?

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
kryt0n said:
I haven't got my ita yet but I assumed you just listed all travels regardless.

Are you saying that it asks for details in a specific way?
Provide details of any trips you have taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

This is the written statement from Travel History section.
Which means they are not interested to know about the trips that are made between country of origin to country of residence.

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maybe i can try and explain my query a little further below:

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC
2016 2016 2016
OMAN INDIA OMAN

As a resident of Oman, i traveled to India on holiday for may, june and july.
So if i was to mention my travel dates from Oman perspective it would be as ---> from MAY TO JULY 2016 i traveled to India.
and if i was to mention my travel dates from India perspective it would be as ---> from JAN- APRIL 2016 and AUG-DEC 2016 i was in Oman.

So, here's my question based on the above table - From which perspective do i write down my travel dates?

i am anyways going to include all travel dates mentioned in my passport, but i just had a confusion of perspective countries, because then the dates would change as mentioned in the above table.

i hope you understand what i am trying to say.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ah thank you.

Well besides trips in and out of the UK, my only other residences were Canada and NZ. Apart from flying out to leave them, I don't have any inter-residence trips. I'm just going to include them all! :p

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
No, what i am saying is that if you are in Oman than you can not be a resident of UAE aright now. You can be a resident of only one country. So you need to mention the duration of UAE , as that is a history now. And yes you don't need to mention back and forth trips from Oman to India as it is between your country of resident to country of nationality, considering you are currently resident of Oman.
You definitely need to mention Italy. And yes my passport is full of stamps as well, but they are all from Canada to Pakistan. that is between my country of residence to country of origin. So i have only one trave history , despite these many stamps on my passport.
Yes i understand what you are saying, but both UAE and Oman does come within the 10 years of travel history for me.

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
Yes, i think i am getting what you're saying bro. Thank you very much.
Did you receive your PR?

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
NR_John said:
maybe i can try and explain my query a little further below:

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC
2016 2016 2016
OMAN INDIA OMAN

As a resident of Oman, i traveled to India on holiday for may, june and july.
So if i was to mention my travel dates from Oman perspective it would be as ---> from MAY TO JULY 2016 i traveled to India.
and if i was to mention my travel dates from India perspective it would be as ---> from JAN- APRIL 2016 and AUG-DEC 2016 i was in Oman.

So, here's my question based on the above table - From which perspective do i write down my travel dates?

i am anyways going to include all travel dates mentioned in my passport, but i just had a confusion of perspective countries, because then the dates would change as mentioned in the above table.

i hope you understand what i am trying to say.
Alright i got a little bit of idea. To me , you should enter every detail from the perspective of where your visa center will be. Will it be in Oman or India. Lets say they ask your to send your passport, will you submit it in the embassy present in Indai or Oman. If oman, then write everything from that perspective. If you will be in India, then its gona be dates from India perspective.
Everything in profile should be from the perspective fo where your Canadian embassy will be at the time you will send passport. That is my suggestion.
Note: I did mention evey thing , regardless of coutnry of residence or origin in the personal activity section and adress history. So even you have lots of stamps , you still have to sort them out for other sections. As mine is like 18 different lines in the address history and activity history, as i mentioned all the tirps when i was in country of origin and residence.

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
NR_John said:
Yes, i think i am getting what you're saying bro. Thank you very much.
Did you receive your PR?
We are in the same boat, i will be applying now as i got my ITA in the recent draw. Although i have been refused express entry this month, as of miscalculation and dates issue under police clearance.

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
Alright i got a little bit of idea. To me , you should enter every detail from the perspective of where your visa center will be. Will it be in Oman or India. Lets say they ask your to send your passport, will you submit it in the embassy present in Indai or Oman. If oman, then write everything from that perspective. If you will be in India, then its gona be dates from India perspective.
Everything in profile should be from the perspective fo where your Canadian embassy will be at the time you will send passport. That is my suggestion.
Note: I did mention evey thing , regardless of coutnry of residence or origin in the personal activity section and adress history. So even you have lots of stamps , you still have to sort them out for other sections. As mine is like 18 different lines in the address history and activity history, as i mentioned all the tirps when i was in country of origin and residence.
much clear. Thank you very much. :)

matchless

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
@JAWAD

What about trips to bahrain from saudi... ;D

I have plenty of them..also I dont have some exit stamps on passport as I used Residence card swiping while living in Oman.
And this is my third passport now...2nd in last 10 years.. I am confused how to arrange nearly 50/60 trips