+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL HISTORY - CONFUSION

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
matchless said:
@JAWAD

What about trips to bahrain from saudi... ;D

I have plenty of them..also I dont have some exit stamps on passport as I used Residence card swiping while living in Oman.
And this is my third passport now...2nd in last 10 years.. I am confused how to arrange nearly 50/60 trips
If you don't have the stamps , how will they know if you have traveled? I would say don't mention trips that are not on your passport, as that is what concerns CIC. But again this is my opinion.
To me even if someone has traveled to some country and their is no proof that he has traveled their then why bringing it upfront. And i believe no one get stamps on their resident cards so does not seem logical to add those as your travel history.
Its not something you are hiding , its something that is not worth mentioning.
As we all know, whatever happens in Bahrain Stays in bahrian... ;)

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
NR_John said:
much clear. Thank you very much. :)
i have given you my idea, but my friend says that you should mention everything regardless of origin or residence of country. As as per him, playing on the safe side is always better. but yea you can still write dates for the perspective of where your Canadian embassy will be residing.

sappy486

Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2017
Dear Jawad,

I still have a doubt if we have to enter all our entry and exit dates to and from Country of residence.

They are clearly asking for trips taken outside country of origin or of residence. Its obvious that trips from country of residence to your home country are going to be quite alot. i think it shouldn't be a problem if you dont mention them.

Provide details of any trips AAA has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
sappy486 said:
Dear Jawad,

I still have a doubt if we have to enter all our entry and exit dates to and from Country of residence.

They are clearly asking for trips taken outside country of origin or of residence. Its obvious that trips from country of residence to your home country are going to be quite alot. i think it shouldn't be a problem if you dont mention them.

Provide details of any trips AAA has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
I agree with you, but its better to play safe. If you donot provide it, CiC ,might ask why. But if you have given it already, even if they donot need it, they will just consider it extra information. Remember, there is no restriction to providing extra informaiton, but providing less can put us in a situation.
I am adding mine, although its long but i have mentioned it. If you still think you donot need to or does not make sense to you. Then its your application and its your call buddy!

umutinal

Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
I agree with you, but its better to play safe. If you donot provide it, CiC ,might ask why. But if you have given it already, even if they donot need it, they will just consider it extra information. Remember, there is no restriction to providing extra informaiton, but providing less can put us in a situation.
I am adding mine, although its long but i have mentioned it. If you still think you donot need to or does not make sense to you. Then its your application and its your call buddy!
I think this statement sums up the bottom-line of travel history discussions.

Play it safe, make sure what's on the passport is listed and have peace of mind. That's what I'm doing now.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadchoudary said:
Provide details of any trips you have taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

This is the written statement from Travel History section.
Which means they are not interested to know about the trips that are made between country of origin to country of residence.
Does it mean that? Or does it mean IRCC needs details of any (read ALL) trips outside his/her country (of origin or residence, they don't really care which one). Which is to say that, there may be 3 kinds of applicants.

1. People who continue to reside primarily in their country of origin and make an occasional trip outside that country.

2. People who do NOT reside primarily in their country of origin. They reside primarily in their country of residence and make an occasional trip outside that country.

3. People who have NEVER left their country of origin hence it is the same as their country of residence.

The 3rd type of applicant would have no travel history, IRCC has asked such applicants to provide a statutory declaration confirming that they have no travel history.

The 1st and 2nd type would list down all their travel histories outside of their country of origin or residence as the case might be.