+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel exemption for SOWP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
Has anyone received their passport stamped and along with that received a letter for “preparing to travel and arriving in Canada” in which it is mentioned you need job offer to show it to airline and at port of entry? Do we need it or just the family reunification exemption is enough ?
If you have the travel exemption then yo don’t need a job offer.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I have received travel authorization letter within 8hrs of sending email to IRCC. This was such a quick response guys.

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello
Has anyone received their passport stamped and along with that received a letter for “preparing to travel and arriving in Canada” in which it is mentioned you need job offer to show it to airline and at port of entry? Do we need it or just the family reunification exemption is enough ?
Hi,
Can you please share if you applied for travel authorization? Did you land in Canada yet? Please di share your experience I'm in same situation from Australia.

Tyagiji

Aug 24, 2018
He guys I applied SOWP for my wife she got travel authorization between 11 March to 11 june she was travelling on 28 th April but sudden flights cancelled from India now she still there her travel authorization expiring next month what next we can do

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He guys I applied SOWP for my wife she got travel authorization between 11 March to 11 june she was travelling on 28 th April but sudden flights cancelled from India now she still there her travel authorization expiring next month what next we can do
If she can’t travel by the 11th she needs to apply for another travel authorization.

harshad13

May 9, 2016
Hello guys,
Hope everyone is safe and healthy..

My wife sowp application was made in April 2020,
We received travel authorization on 21 April 2021, but have not received medical request, neither have we received passport request..

Just want to know if any of you guys were in similar situation....

Jks1990

May 8, 2019
Kuwait
Hi can you share the sample of your authorisation letter if you can by removing your personal details. It will be very helpful if you can do that.
Hlo, Could you please provide a sample letter for referenceif you have submitted it already?
Thankz

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Just a small rants here ....

It’s just barbaric what some of the officers reviewing the authorization requests are thinking, we are talking about spouses, there is no any other time we needed our spouses here than now, we have paid international tuition in d past and we are paying taxes now yet they think our spouses can’t come and join us in this very difficult time but it’s okay for citizens and Pr folks to welcome their extended family members en mass, in fact new international students are allowed to come with their spouse but it’s fine for FTW to live alone without their spouses when it’s clearly stated here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit.html#toc11 that reunification is allowed.

I am going through a lot due to this torture, I had friends that applied after we submitted our own application and they grant some of them authorization and allow their spouses to come but for us, they keep rejecting our authorization and they leave our application untouched for no fault of ours, I mean we didn’t bring Covid-19 to the world, I just don’t get y we deserve this torture , ooh maybe because we choose Canada
Hi friend, even this thread is few months old, I would like to know whether you finally got the written authorization letter. I am in the same situation that you had at that time. My request was denied even I'm having SOWP. Do you have any idea how to get through this? TIA

ONLM

Jun 1, 2020
Hello all,

My spouse has SOWP, and I applied for her; I am waiting for the IRCC response. I want to apply for my minor children. Could someone tell me the process? is it the same, or do I need additional documents as a family representative?

Thank you