+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document seized for improper use... PLEASE advice...

H

hakim2011

Hi there,

I'm a permanent resident for 2 years now. In 2 months I'm supposed to apply for Citizenship. My Canadian Travel Doc. recently was seized by CIC for improper use. I'm not supposed to visit my home country where I claimed refugee from. But went there because my father was very sick. When I came back to Canada, my travel doc was seized at the airport. Now i'm concerned about how this will affect my process for Citizenship. Or what will happen at all. I have 4 kids born in Canada. I don't know what will happen to my family if I'm deported because of my improper use of travel doc.

PLEASE HELP... any advice ... please share any related your own experience.... Please advice as you can... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are a PR for 2 years, why don't you have a PR card?

Did they tell you when they seized your travel document that there would be some kind of hearing on your case? You should not apply for citizenship if your PR status is in question.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
If you are a PR for 2 years, why don't you have a PR card?

Did they tell you when they seized your travel document that there would be some kind of hearing on your case? You should not apply for citizenship if your PR status is in question.
1. He probably has a PR card, but doesn't have his countries passport. So he was issued a Canadian Travel Document, which bars you from visiting the country that you claimed refugee status against. CBSA could take the attitude that he has now committed "refoulement" and they may apply to vacate his refugee claim.

melo

Jul 7, 2011
i will advise you to find a good lawyer because you may loose your pr status . You came to canada as a refugie so you told CIC that you are persecuted in your country (i guess) so they gave you the pr status . By going back to your country even to see your father, cic will have some doubt about what you told them when you claimed the refugee status.