+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL DOCUMENT Issuance on H&C Grounds

Mannu_Sharma

Oct 25, 2017
My Family got a PR in 2005 and and father moved there to settle and find a job. I went to Canada with my Mother and Stayed there For a year. My Mother had to come back to India to Take care of my grand parents. and as a Minor below the age of 16 Cannot stay unsupervised at home In Ontario, I came back with her. I completed My Studies In India in 2017 and Now i am 21 and I want to move back to Canada, As I do not meet the Residency Obligation can I get the travel document under Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds. My Father is now a Canadian Citizen and My elder Brother Is also Working there.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could have returned at the age of 18 back to Canada. That would also be the case to request for your PR because being removed as a minor. At your age is a bit too late.
However all depends on your current status (if your PR was revoked or not). If you are still PR but you do not meet the renewal criteria, you can still try to come and restore yourself.
If you are no longer PR, your father can enter the lottery to sponsor you and your mother. Or you can use EE to get back your PR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My Family got a PR in 2005 and and father moved there to settle and find a job. I went to Canada with my Mother and Stayed there For a year. My Mother had to come back to India to Take care of my grand parents. and as a Minor below the age of 16 Cannot stay unsupervised at home In Ontario, I came back with her. I completed My Studies In India in 2017 and Now i am 21 and I want to move back to Canada, As I do not meet the Residency Obligation can I get the travel document under Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds. My Father is now a Canadian Citizen and My elder Brother Is also Working there.
You can apply for a PRTD but are on the very edge of the age range that is generally accepted, so it may be refused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You could have returned at the age of 18 back to Canada. That would also be the case to request for your PR because being removed as a minor. At your age is a bit too late.
However all depends on your current status (if your PR was revoked or not). If you are still PR but you do not meet the renewal criteria, you can still try to come and restore yourself.
If you are no longer PR, your father can enter the lottery to sponsor you and your mother. Or you can use EE to get back your PR
OP's PR status would not have been revoked.

There is no lottery for spousal sponsorship...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP's PR status would not have been revoked.
She did not mention if that happened or not. She only mentioned, when she left Canada
There is no lottery for spousal sponsorship...
There is a lottery for children sponsorship, sorry If I have blended That one together.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
There is a lottery for children sponsorship, sorry If I have blended That one together.
No, lottery is only for parents sponsorship.

R

rish888

On which end on the 21 scale are you?

I believe IRCC recently went back to the previous definition of child (22) after a period of it being 19.

Your best bet is to renounce and have you dad sponsor you. Alternatively you can roll the dice with a PRTD and if that fails have your dad sponsor you. Which route you should take depends on how close to 22 you are as my understanding is the application to IRCC must be submitted before your 22nd birthday.