+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document from New Delhi consulate

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take to get travel document ? I have applied on March 29th and my flight is on April 19th. As of now no update .

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Macpandya

You cannot apply for travel document from Canada.
Carry your record of landing and the expired PR card with you . When you apply for travel document in India you will need it.

Application processing time is more than 30 days

cvhnyka

Jun 9, 2016
Hi All,

I am travelling this month To Delhi without my PR card :(
How long will it take for VFS , New Delhi to process application for Travel Document?
I will be in India for 30 days and will need to go back to Canada after that to join my organization as i have taken a month's leave.

Can anyone please throw some light on this?I am really worried as my leaves can not be extended.

Thanks in advance!!

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello,

I need some help regarding the travel document. I have not received my PR card but will need to travel to India for my marriage. Will this status change affect my TD?

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
Hello,

I need some help regarding the travel document. I have not received my PR card but will need to travel to India for my marriage. Will this status change affect my TD?
Most likely no. Since you are already a PR, you will now apply for your wife to be granted PR as well. As for the travel document, each applicant usually have to apply for their own travel document individually. It is not a family application so no need to worry with your status change.

In an earlier version of the PRTD form, CIC used to ask for family information but in their most latest form they do not require this information.

Hope this is helpful.

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thank You everybody, I received my TD but took lot of time. More than a month.

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Thank You everybody, I received my TD but took lot of time. More than a month.
Hi friend, when (what date) did you apply for a travel document and when (what date) did you know that it was approved? Did IRCC send you approval email? Where did you apply from new delhi or? I have also applied and it's been around 12 business days. thanks