+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel by road using CoPR?

benjaminpuppy

Mar 20, 2022
Hi folks,

My parents, who recently got their CoPR, are landing in Canada by air to start the PR card process. The PR card processing time is currently 80 days. They would like to travel to the US (they have a visit visa, as they are on an Indian passport) while waiting for their PR card and are wondering:

Can they use the CoPR to re-enter Canada by road?

I'm unable to find any official guidelines on this, although I have found a few forum entries from a long time ago saying that is possible. I'm wondering if this is actually possible, and if it is worth advising them that travel to US during this time is possible.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks,

My parents, who recently got their CoPR, are landing in Canada by air to start the PR card process. The PR card processing time is currently 80 days. They would like to travel to the US (they have a visit visa, as they are on an Indian passport) while waiting for their PR card and are wondering:

I'm unable to find any official guidelines on this, although I have found a few forum entries from a long time ago saying that is possible. I'm wondering if this is actually possible, and if it is worth advising them that travel to US during this time is possible.

Thanks.
Yes, they can do that.

benjaminpuppy

Mar 20, 2022
thanks @Eli51 , that's encouraging to hear. Was this a recent trip? My parents don't have the eCoPR, they have the paper version. But I assume that makes no difference.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks @Eli51 , that's encouraging to hear. Was this a recent trip? My parents don't have the eCoPR, they have the paper version. But I assume that makes no difference.
Doesn't matter.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's the same for eCOPR or paper based ones.

You need to enter with private transportation. (cannot use bus or train)

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
The ecopr is the paper version you download & print this was a trip I did in mid November

YCR7

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
Hi folks,

Thanks.
Hello
What did you end up doing in this? Did you enter using COPR? Any issues?