+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel back home on COPR

newbie_canada2

May 23, 2019
I received my COPR inside Canada and already applied for PR card but it seems like it will take another 3-4 months for me to receive it.
I wanted to travel back home and come back again in a month or two.
Did my virtual landing happen already since I am in Canada?
Can I apply for PRTD from my home country? or I have to wait for my PR card before I can travel back to Canada?

Reactions: yalink

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
I am in the same boat as you. I am travelling in April, have sent my PR card photo on Mar 1st. I change my address to my relative's and she will receive it and mail it home to me.
If that doesnt work, apply for a PRTD in my home country.

newbie_canada2

May 23, 2019
I am in the same boat as you. I am travelling in April, have sent my PR card photo on Mar 1st. I change my address to my relative's and she will receive it and mail it home to me.
If that doesnt work, apply for a PRTD in my home country.
Are you planning to get the PR card mailed internationally to your home? Also where did you send the photos to?
For me I had to send it to Etobicoke and seems like they have a heavy backlog.

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Are you planning to get the PR card mailed internationally to your home? Also where did you send the photos to?
For me I had to send it to Etobicoke and seems like they have a heavy backlog.
No. The pr card will be mailed to Canadian address. The person on that address will then receive the card and send an international package to me. Same, etobicoke.

newbie_canada2

May 23, 2019
No. The pr card will be mailed to Canadian address. The person on that address will then receive the card and send an international package to me. Same, etobicoke.
yeah thats what I meant from your relatives address to your international address. I am likely gonna follow the same route.