+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation questions

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
CIC instruction say :

1) translation to english/french.

2) affidavit by translator.

3) certified copy of document.

Lets say I have a birth certificate translated and the affidavit of translator stamped on it. I then copy this document and have it certified right ? Now the question.

Do I send both the original translation and the certified copy to visa office or just the certified copy ?

Please advise !!

Roger

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you need to send the original translation. not the copy of translation (certified or not certified).

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roger55 said:
CIC instruction say :

Lets say I have a birth certificate translated and the affidavit of translator stamped on it. I then copy this document and have it certified right ? Now the question.

Do I send both the original translation and the certified copy to visa office or just the certified copy ?

Please advise !!

Roger
Even the self translated notarized copies are accepted by CHC. In that case notarized copy of document and translated ( notarized ) are sent.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Ja77,

Thanks. I send the original translation, but It lalso says a certified copy. So I have the original translation certified and send both ? I just want to be sure what they need .

quote author=ja77 link=topic=39586.msg268055#msg268055 date=1271685042]
you need to send the original translation. not the copy of translation (certified or not certified).
[/quote]

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Roger55 said:
Ja77,

Thanks. I send the original translation, but It lalso says a certified copy. So I have the original translation certified and send both ? I just want to be sure what they need .

quote author=ja77 link=topic=39586.msg268055#msg268055 date=1271685042]
i believe it means "a notarized copy of the original document (in the original language)" + "an original translation of that document".

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Roger55 said:
CIC instruction say :

Please advise !!

Roger
U need to send both the following:
1. A Xerox-copy of the Birth Certificate;
2. An 'original' translated sheet of item-1, by a 'legal translator' [as advised by Ja77].

Note: Sometimes what u said [Certified* Translated Copy] is also acceptable, but if not, then? So, it's advisable to send the 'original' translated certificate.

*Certified by who? That might bug the VO. But, if that's "Notarized" -it'll be fine [as advised by Explorer101].

Hope that helped...
Qorax

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Qorax,

Thanks for reply Qorax, but dosent the xerox copy (# 1) have to be certified like the instructions say ?

qorax said:
U need to send both the following:
1. A Xerox-copy of the Birth Certificate; ( just normal copy or " certified copy ? )
2. An 'original' translated sheet of item-1, by a 'legal translator' [as advised by Ja77].

Note: Sometimes what u said [Certified* Translated Copy] is also acceptable, but if not, then? So, it's advisable to send the 'original' translated certificate.

*Certified by who? That might bug the VO. But, if that's "Notarized" -it'll be fine [as advised by Explorer101].

Hope that helped...
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Roger55 said:
Qorax,

Thanks for reply Qorax, but dosent the xerox copy (# 1) have to be certified like the instructions say ?
Brother, u need to send BOTH. Most legal translators will attach the 1]Xerox Copy behind their 2]Translated Certificate, punch them together by their 'seal' & give it back to u. This bundle [2 papers] is what u need to send to CHC.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Qorax,

O.K. I get it now just wanted to be 100% sure. Thank you for your patience and thank all who participaed in thread.

Roger

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Re: Translation questions...URGENT

Hi,

Is it 2 papers or 3 papers that need to be sent ?

a) 2 papers means notarized attestation of the original document + original translation which bears the sign and stamp of the translator
b) 3 papers means notarized attestation of the original document + original translation which bears the sign and stamp of the translator + affidavit by the translator that his translation is true and correct.

Please clarify whether point "a" above is valid or point "b"

Requesting Urgent reply .

Thanks

qorax said:
Brother, u need to send BOTH. Most legal translators will attach the 1]Xerox Copy behind their 2]Translated Certificate, punch them together by their 'seal' & give it back to u. This bundle [2 papers] is what u need to send to CHC.

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014

Hi,

a) 2 papers means notarized attestation of the original document + original translation which bears the sign and stamp of the translator
b) 3 papers means notarized attestation of the original document + original translation which bears the sign and stamp of the translator + affidavit by the translator that his translation is true and correct.

Thanks

qorax said:

neha_s

Oct 29, 2014

NewIndia123 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Can anyone guide.....whether the affidavit is also needed even if we get the translation work done from an authorized translation firm and if the translation will be on their letterhead..just confirming since the agency saying what they are providing is sufficient and no affidavit required once they issue their certificate..please some one with experience can guide through ...thanks

sam_david

May 21, 2014
hi

i have gone with answer - a.

Translated copy which is certified by notary says its translated from original and has seal and sign of notary. So only two docs shoule be fine and additional affidavit is not required.

this is my understanding and i did.