+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of property documents for Supervisa

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for my mom's super-visa soon and I want to attach her property papers to prove ties with India, however the papers are all in local Indian language (Gujarati). Does anybody know if it needs to be translated to English? What are the requirements of translation? is there any requirement of property valuation done as well?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm applying for my mom's super-visa soon and I want to attach her property papers to prove ties with India, however the papers are all in local Indian language (Gujarati). Does anybody know if it needs to be translated to English?
All documents must be in English or must be certified translations in English.

What are the requirements of translation?
You must include a certified copy of the local language documents (Gujarati) + an affidavit from the person who has translated it confirming the translation is true and correct + the English translation

is there any requirement of property valuation done as well?
In most cases property appreciates in value over time (rarely does property depreciate in value). You must state the purchase value + the current indicative market value of the property, in INR/CAD, in the visa application.

You can either do a self-valuation and support your assessment with excerpts from property realty reports/Magic Bricks/Times Property, etc for similar properties in the same area.... or you can have a property assessor to assess the property

Reactions: Peaceful

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

You must include a certified copy of the local language documents (Gujarati) + an affidavit from the person who has translated it confirming the translation is true and correct + the English translation

In most cases property appreciates in value over time (rarely does property depreciate in value). You must state the purchase value + the current indicative market value of the property, in INR/CAD, in the visa application.

You can either do a self-valuation and support your assessment with excerpts from property realty reports/Magic Bricks/Times Property, etc for similar properties in the same area.... or you can have a property assessor to assess the property
Thank you Bryanna, much appreciated!

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Hi @Bryanna,

Sent you a message, please check. Thanks!

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
DO you need to provide any other documents besides property papers for eg. Utilities, telephone etc for that property? or just the deed/title/property papers?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
DO you need to provide any other documents besides property papers for eg. Utilities, telephone etc for that property? or just the deed/title/property papers?
Ownership + recent tax receipts + property valuation are the key ones. Utilities/telephone at the same address will be supplementary documents, non-essential

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Ownership + recent tax receipts + property valuation are the key ones. Utilities/telephone at the same address will be supplementary documents, non-essential
what if you just purchased the property? and are applying for supervisa? my mum currently has a visit visa for 9yrs she showed a deed from a property (just land) she purchased a while back but that was the only doc she used to apply for visit visa. she is currently purchasing another to live in but wants to apply for supervisa right away after the purchase is done. how would she provide tax receipt?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Also just out of curiosity does one need ties to home country when sponsoring parents. (Parents ties to home country?)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
what if you just purchased the property? and are applying for supervisa? my mum currently has a visit visa for 9yrs she showed a deed from a property (just land) she purchased a while back but that was the only doc she used to apply for visit visa. she is currently purchasing another to live in but wants to apply for supervisa right away after the purchase is done. how would she provide tax receipt?
She needs to prove that she owns the property.

As you know, if your mom purchases a property from someone else or even a first sale property, the records will be changed in the land/property records of the government as well. The records will not continue to be in the name of the previous owner

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't seen the option to provide those documents for sponsorship of parents. Could you pls advise?
You can combine all documents which cannot be uploaded to a specific category as a single PDF file. And, upload to Optional/Letter of explanation

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
You can combine all documents which cannot be uploaded to a specific category as a single PDF file. And, upload to Optional/Letter of explanation
Ok and do I need to show my ties to the country (canada since I'm pr here?) In order to sponsor her?