04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello!

I am reading through the guide, and it's mentioned that all translations must be accompanied by a sworn affidavit. I'm applying from Syria, so all our marriage documents (and my husbands documents) will have to be translated. Usually we just have things translated at various offices downtown, where they are stamped, then stamped by a government office, and finally stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs. Is this ok? Has anyone had problems with officially translated documents being refused?

Also - it mentions that all translated documents must be accompanied by a certified copy of the original, with the following information:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

Do all these things need to be written in English for every police check/medical test/passport/marriage contract/etc?

Confused!

Thanks so much!

mac_0n3

Oct 21, 2011
the translation must be done by authorized persons only. You can go to the CIC website or call the Canadian Embassy or consulate in SYria for a list of people that are authorized to translate those documents in Syria. If you already have the documents in Canada then its much easier.