+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of documents at ministry of foreign affairs, but no affidavit issued

Medgirl

Nov 12, 2013
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, and would appreciate any help. I'm a Canadian citizen (with Greek citizenship as well) and I'm gathering all the documents to sponsor my husband who is a Greek citizen. We have taken our documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Athens for translation, as we were told this is the best and most 'official' means of translation. We were informed however that they do not provide an affidavit for the translations as they are already government issued. Is the fact that I don't have an affidavit going to cause a problem with my application. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. Or if any Greeks have had their documents translated there I would love some input on your experiences with the application process, and if you had any problems with your documents. Thanks in advance.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Medgirl said:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, and would appreciate any help. I'm a Canadian citizen (with Greek citizenship as well) and I'm gathering all the documents to sponsor my husband who is a Greek citizen. We have taken our documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Athens for translation, as we were told this is the best and most 'official' means of translation. We were informed however that they do not provide an affidavit for the translations as they are already government issued. Is the fact that I don't have an affidavit going to cause a problem with my application. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. Or if any Greeks have had their documents translated there I would love some input on your experiences with the application process, and if you had any problems with your documents. Thanks in advance.
I had issues finding somebody who could translate my documents professionally as well. I hired a translator via Asiatis (Google them and you'll find it) they got translators for most languages.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Medgirl said:
Hi everyone,
An affidavit is required only if the person who does the translation is not a sworn translator. For example, a friend of yours who speaks English and Greek could do it for you, and in that case, an affidavit will be needed.
When the translation is done by a certified translator, there is no need of an affidavit, because a certified translator is already sworn in front of a judge.

Somewhere on the translated document or on a separate page, it should say something like: "I certify that this is a true and accurate translation of the original document/documents presented to me".

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Your translation was done by a Greek government institution and the people that recommended that were right, it is an official means of translation.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Medgirl said:
Hi everyone,

Hi (Γεια χαρα)
Contact me by PM to give you instructions for translating your docs. We did it too in the past.

Sakis
(messenger)

niki22

Feb 22, 2017
Hi Saki,
I am also in the same situation, is there a way to contact you? I am doing express entry in BC and i am not sure if the ministry of affairs documents from Greece will be valid. If you are still reading this thread i would love some feedback. Thank you.