+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Germany

Anas1234

May 15, 2020
Hi everyone!

On Monday I'm leaving from Prague Czech Republic to Frankfurt.
Tuesday I will be leaving Frankfurt to Canada. These are two separate tickets.
I'm a Canadian PR and nationality passport is Libya.
I will be staying transit for 15 hours. Would I be allowed to enter?

I have no other way to get to Canada. And it's Frankfurt to Toronto to Ottawa Canada. If anyone had experience please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you

MrsSpoon

May 21, 2020
Hi, me and my husband have the same situation, i.e. flying with separate tickets. We called the Frankfurt airport, they said that trasit is allowed however you may not leave the transit area, so you would need to agree with airlines that your luggage will be appropriately transferred. Hope this is helpful, I would recommend to recheck this. Please keep us updated on your experience. Thank you!

Anas1234

May 15, 2020
Update,

My husband stayed in transit and his luggage was transferred fine. No issues and everything went well. He is back in Canada .

MrsSpoon

May 21, 2020
Update,

My husband stayed in transit and his luggage was transferred fine. No issues and everything went well. He is back in Canada .
Thanks very much for the update. We have separate arrival and departure terminals, so we would need to move from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 to depart. Did your husband change terminals in Frankfurt? We are worrying that due to this we will need to leave the transit area and we do not have a valid visa for that.

Thanks in advance!