+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring universities as an international student

Zayn303030300303

Mar 25, 2022
Hey guys,
I was interested in transferring universities. I came to Canada in 2021 as an international student. Does anyone know the procedure?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,
I was interested in transferring universities. I came to Canada in 2021 as an international student. Does anyone know the procedure?
Have you been a full-time student since arriving in Canada? How many semesters have you completed towards your degree? Are you halfway through the program? Are you trying to transfer credits or are you looking to start all over? What school are you currently attending and what school are you looking to transfer to?

Zayn303030300303

Mar 25, 2022
Have you been a full-time student since arriving in Canada? How many semesters have you completed towards your degree? Are you halfway through the program? Are you trying to transfer credits or are you looking to start all over? What school are you currently attending and what school are you looking to transfer to?
Yes I have been a full time student since coming, been here for 4 semesters and want to transfer credits. Guelph to Tmu

BLord

Apr 24, 2023
To transfer universities in Canada, you will need to research potential universities - look for universities that offer the program you are interested in and have a good reputation. You can use resources such as university websites, rankings, and reviews to help you make your decision.Meet the admission requirements: each university will have its own admission requirements, which may include submitting transcripts from your previous university, As for how prime essay service can help you, they are an online writing service that provides custom essays, research papers, and other academic assignments. They may be able to help you with some aspects of your university application, such as writing a personal statement.

den13

May 25, 2023
Transferring universities as an international student involves a few key steps. First, research and identify potential universities that align with your academic goals and offer programs relevant to your field of study. Check their transfer admission requirements, application deadlines, and any specific documentation needed for international students. Contact the admissions office or international student services at the prospective universities to clarify any doubts or queries you may have. It's important to consider factors such as credit transfer policies, financial implications, and visa requirements. Prepare all the necessary documents, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation which a custom writing expert can help you write, a statement of purpose, and proof of English language proficiency. Craft a compelling application that highlights your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and reasons for transferring. Seek guidance from your current university's international student advisor to ensure a smooth transition and to understand any additional requirements or paperwork. Lastly, plan ahead and give yourself ample time to complete the application process, including visa-related procedures. Transferring universities as an international student requires careful planning, research, and adherence to deadlines, so it's crucial to stay organized and proactive throughout the process.

remma

May 12, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
Transferring universities as an international student in Canada involves a specific procedure to ensure a smooth transition. Research your desired university's transfer requirements, contact their admissions office, submit your application, and await the credit transfer evaluation. Accept the offer of admission and fulfill any specified conditions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I have been a full time student since coming, been here for 4 semesters and want to transfer credits. Guelph to Tmu
Response is late and hopefully you’ve already figured this out but you need to talk to TMU and specially the program you want to transfer to about whether all your credits will be accepted and whether you will be missing any courses that are part of the first 2 years of their program. Would warn you that cost of living will be significantly higher in Toronto so that will need to be part of your calculations. Both schools have similar rankings. As already indicated just update IRCC about your change and attach your LOA and even your registration information if you have it. Will never get used to TMU and not Ryerson University. I feared that you had transferred to a private university that most Canadians had never heard of!