+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring my file from Mississauga office to Montreal office

3mmmad

Star Member
May 9, 2021
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to the Humanitarian Migration (HM) Office in Montreal for further assessment. The office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the HM Montreal Office in writing as follows:

I cannot understand what is going on. Is there a person who has gone through the same thing, or is the office crowded at the moment who wants to distribute the work? My case is not humanitarian and I am a protected person. What is the relationship of the Humanitarian Asylum Office to my case?

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to the Humanitarian Migration (HM) Office in Montreal for further assessment. The office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the HM Montreal Office in writing as follows:

I cannot understand what is going on. Is there a person who has gone through the same thing, or is the office crowded at the moment who wants to distribute the work? My case is not humanitarian and I am a protected person. What is the relationship of the Humanitarian Asylum Office to my case?
When did you apply ?

MARIUSA

Jan 6, 2021

Just wait and see, may be there is a mistake or something off! no need to panic, ant stay positive

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

They could just be redistributing work to another department to finalize PR. They have your info right that you are a protected person waiting for PR.

Reactions: 3mmmad

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020

I got the same like 3 months ago my file was transferred from Mississauga to Edmonton but I guess it because I live in Edmonton, do you live in Montreal? And I not heard from them since then.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Look what I found.
It must be some integrity issues as far as I understood.

At times, offices may independently decide that program integrity issues merit transferring an application to another processing office. When transferring files, offices should consider the resource implications for the receiving office. Offices should notify the receiving office of upcoming transfers, particularly multiple transfers.

Officers may transfer applications electronically to offices within the global network where capacity exists, which allows IRCC to manage its workload and ensure that service standards and processing times are met. Before doing so, the officer should always make sure a transfer does not affect program integrity.

When a case is facilitated through early admission, the officer is to transfer the file to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton (CPC-E) for finalization once all statutory requirements have been completed abroad. See Temporary resident permits for information on early admission and on issuing temporary resident permits.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Look what I found.
It must be some integrity issues as far as I understood.

At times, offices may independently decide that program integrity issues merit transferring an application to another processing office. When transferring files, offices should consider the resource implications for the receiving office. Offices should notify the receiving office of upcoming transfers, particularly multiple transfers.

Officers may transfer applications electronically to offices within the global network where capacity exists, which allows IRCC to manage its workload and ensure that service standards and processing times are met. Before doing so, the officer should always make sure a transfer does not affect program integrity.

When a case is facilitated through early admission, the officer is to transfer the file to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton (CPC-E) for finalization once all statutory requirements have been completed abroad. See Temporary resident permits for information on early admission and on issuing temporary resident permits.
I dont see any integrity issue with what you have attached. If there’s, regulations are clear. Minister should apply for vacation as per section A109 of the IRPA and refer it back to Refugee Protection Division for redetermination