+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring money from UAE to Canada

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Hi anyone, if this thread is still alive. What is the best way to transfer money from uae (aed) to canada (cad). I am considering doing it via online banking as my bank in uae informed me i can possibly close the account via email not in person. So then i would open canadian account once i am there, transfer money and close the uae account. Is that reasonable?

ans93

Jun 2, 2021
Hi, has anyone has an idea on any travel cards that can be used in the travel from uae to canada? As we would be permanently moving, the Emirates ID will be canceled so cannot use any of the existing debit/credit cards. So would need an alternative prepaid card which will not get affected by the cancellation of the Emirates id. Please help someone. Thanks in advance.
Hey Sneha, I'm in your situation right now. How did you go about this?

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
If anyone wondering, I brought cash with me. It was hand carried. They asked but nothing out of ordinary happened. I was on a hurry and couldnt open a bank accnt via online so did it in person the next day.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anyone wondering, I brought cash with me. It was hand carried. They asked but nothing out of ordinary happened. I was on a hurry and couldnt open a bank accnt via online so did it in person the next day.
Currently the next day is not possible for most people. There is the 14 days isolation requirement.

Homeowner

Jun 12, 2021
Guy the best and easy way to transfer your money from Dubai to Canada is through HSBC bank. I found it useful as you can do it at your own convenience with their global transfer in real time. best way is to open account with opening a HSBC account in Dubai and through that open a Canadian account in hsbc Canada. with the help of their online banking itself you can transfer the funds any time from Dubai to Canada. i can share an advise that best is to open a usd account as well in dubai apart from aed as the USD and AED is pegged. similarly open a CAD and USD account in HSBC Canada ( through there telephone banking in Dubai). Once the account is open than convert the AED to USD and transfer USD to USD account in Canada without getting it converted. than when ever you get best exchange rate for USD to CAD just transfer within your account or withdraw US cash to take it to any exchange and convert. Remember HSBC bank allow you to maintain a Premier relationship if you maintain the minimum balance requirement with any HSBC bank worldwide. this way all you accounts are without any fee and charges but with all the premiere benefits of preferential banking. Also some may ask if we move out from UAE and cancel emirates ID how can we maintain the bank account ? so the answer to this question is that yes you can continue to keep the account but only as Saving account and not as Current account. So you can continue to transfer funds whenever required as per your choice in real time.

KSRTC

Jul 9, 2021
I did a soft landing, opened a bank account with TD and started transfering money from ENBD using the online banking.
great to hear that.

How was the bank/transaction charges, percentage wise.

Did you find any other options which were more reasonable

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Guys, seeking your advise how to economically ship few boxes from Dubai to Brampton..what will be the cost & how much time it will take

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Guy the best and easy way to transfer your money from Dubai to Canada is through HSBC bank. I found it useful as you can do it at your own convenience with their global transfer in real time. best way is to open account with opening a HSBC account in Dubai and through that open a Canadian account in hsbc Canada. with the help of their online banking itself you can transfer the funds any time from Dubai to Canada. i can share an advise that best is to open a usd account as well in dubai apart from aed as the USD and AED is pegged. similarly open a CAD and USD account in HSBC Canada ( through there telephone banking in Dubai). Once the account is open than convert the AED to USD and transfer USD to USD account in Canada without getting it converted. than when ever you get best exchange rate for USD to CAD just transfer within your account or withdraw US cash to take it to any exchange and convert. Remember HSBC bank allow you to maintain a Premier relationship if you maintain the minimum balance requirement with any HSBC bank worldwide. this way all you accounts are without any fee and charges but with all the premiere benefits of preferential banking. Also some may ask if we move out from UAE and cancel emirates ID how can we maintain the bank account ? so the answer to this question is that yes you can continue to keep the account but only as Saving account and not as Current account. So you can continue to transfer funds whenever required as per your choice in real time.
really appreciate & thank you for sharing the information in great detail

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hello
I am not sure if this thread is active.
I wanted to know how much can be transferred per transaction to Canada as a first time immigrant?
Is it only 10k or can it be more?
To clarify this would transfer from Dubai babk account to Canadian bank.

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hello
I am not sure if this thread is active.
I wanted to know how much can be transferred per transaction to Canada as a first time immigrant?
Is it only 10k or can it be more?
To clarify this would transfer from Dubai babk account to Canadian bank.
you can transfer without any limit for legitimate funds for which source can be presented..10K limit is on carrying cash.
Yes, you can transfer from Dubai bank to Canada bank..it takes a few days...if the amount is big (more than 250K CAD), the best way is to use HSBC Global banking

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
you can transfer without any limit for legitimate funds for which source can be presented..10K limit is on carrying cash.
Yes, you can transfer from Dubai bank to Canada bank..it takes a few days...if the amount is big (more than 250K CAD), the best way is to use HSBC Global banking
Thanks for the response.
I tried opening a HSBC account but was literally shooed away by the sales person, wouldn't give us any details either.