+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring money from UAE to Canada

ocean18

Nov 29, 2018
I am moving from Dubai to Canada in June, can someone please share their experience on how did they transfer money from UAE bank account (Emirates NBD) to Canada (what is the safest way)?, also I don't have any account in Canada. Can I transfer money in my relatives account in Toronto?

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
I am moving from Dubai to Canada in June, can someone please share their experience on how did they transfer money from UAE bank account (Emirates NBD) to Canada (what is the safest way)?, also I don't have any account in Canada. Can I transfer money in my relatives account in Toronto?
Up. Hi!

Were you able to transfer? How did you do it? Thanks!

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
I did a soft landing, opened a bank account with TD and started transfering money from ENBD using the online banking.
Hi,

i have a similar situation. Just wanted to check what fees were charged by ENBD and TD for the transfer and did you transfer in USD or CAD ? And is there a daily limit for the transfer amount?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi,

i have a similar situation. Just wanted to check what fees were charged by ENBD and TD for the transfer and did you transfer in USD or CAD ? And is there a daily limit for the transfer amount?
I transferred USD only. Fees were around $50-75 for something like $50k. I don't remember the exact amount, but all I remember is that it was worth making a big transfer as fees were unchanged. I don't remember that there was a limit, but again I'm not talking about millions or anything lol.

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
I have personally used TransferWise. Their fees depend on the amount transferred but the exchange rate is far better than what banks offer.

Smallpaw

Sep 23, 2018
I transferred USD only. Fees were around $50-75 for something like $50k. I don't remember the exact amount, but all I remember is that it was worth making a big transfer as fees were unchanged. I don't remember that there was a limit, but again I'm not talking about millions or anything lol.
How did you go about doing that ? Did you send the USD to a Canadian CAD TD account or did you open an Canadian USD TD account ? . I had

Smallpaw

Sep 23, 2018
I have personally used TransferWise. Their fees depend on the amount transferred but the exchange rate is far better than what banks offer.
How did you manage that.when I checked on their website it does not let me do a AED to CAD transfer?please let me know at the earliest.thanks in advance

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi, has anyone has an idea on any travel cards that can be used in the travel from uae to canada? As we would be permanently moving, the Emirates ID will be canceled so cannot use any of the existing debit/credit cards. So would need an alternative prepaid card which will not get affected by the cancellation of the Emirates id. Please help someone. Thanks in advance.

aalhumiqani

Oct 11, 2020
I opened my bank account in CIBC and did my transfers from my saudi account online as well ... Worked just fine ...

PeterPan2

Oct 19, 2020
When you transfer money from overseas do you at any point have to provide bank statements from your home country showing where the money came from? Do the Canadian authorities ask for this? I mean over $50 K USD...

azhar1989

Jun 7, 2018
When you transfer money from overseas do you at any point have to provide bank statements from your home country showing where the money came from? Do the Canadian authorities ask for this? I mean over $50 K USD...
Hi,
Have you got any feedback on your query? If I were to transfer $100k, can I transfer in one go or do I need to divide them in a few batches? I don't want to lose money on bank transfer charges. In Canada, I've got an account with TD & in UAE with ENBD