Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2012
Med's Request
28-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Congrats Hamid and snoor, me too I have received my medical already...good luck ..

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I have a question for the guys who have already completed their medicals.

Is the medical center responsible/takes care for the blood tests and the chest X-Rays or do we need to get them done separately?

sandyboy388

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012 done, received on 24-12-2012 and ecas updated 11-02-2013
Passport Req..
DM: April 25th and PPR: May 2nd
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
lahorimunda said:
I have a question for the guys who have already completed their medicals.

Is the medical center responsible/takes care for the blood tests and the chest X-Rays or do we need to get them done separately?
Hi lahorimunda,

They take care of everything. All you need to do is book an appointment, pay the fees and be there for the Medicals....

All the best!

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
All - Who is going for medicals.

Please make sure that you will visit clinic where all the tests blood/urine/x-ray will be done at one place and
yes clinic will send your test results to CIO and it will normally takes a week or two..
I noticed some doctors will ask you to go and complete tests in a separate clinic and hand over the results back to doctor which will obviously lead to delay in your process.
regards,
....luckyroyal

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Thanks Sandyboy and luckyroyal for you feedback

@ ALL
Did anyone get their medicals done in Edmonton. If yes where and how was their experience. Any recommendations for the a particular medicentre?

Any replies would be appreciated.

RAMMOO

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
police cleareance on 17-04-2013
Nomination.....
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-04-2013
NO AOR yet and my draft has not been encashed yet,,iam so worried about my case and i did send email for them but no reply,,,please iam waiting for your help ???

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada (28/09/2010)
luckyroyal said:
All - Who is going for medicals.

Please make sure that you will visit clinic where all the tests blood/urine/x-ray will be done at one place and
yes clinic will send your test results to CIO and it will normally takes a week or two..
I noticed some doctors will ask you to go and complete tests in a separate clinic and hand over the results back to doctor which will obviously lead to delay in your process.
regards,
....luckyroyal
Easier said than done. In Regina is only one place where you can go for medicals and they send you to two different places for blood work and x-ray. As long as it gets to CIC it doesn't matter if it is within one week or two that it is send off. Some Medi center might mess up and your stuff gets send after a month, what good is it then that it all was done in one place?

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
RAMMOO said:
NO AOR yet and my draft has not been encashed yet,,iam so worried about my case and i did send email for them but no reply,,,please iam waiting for your help ???
You should probably call them up and ask about your application.

Do you know that they received your application? Did you have a tracking number?

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
Hi JCS,
In your case (Regina), there is no other way, as you have to go only at one place. There are cases where you will have multiple locations available for you to choose (Ex: Montreal has around 10 places where you can go). I completely agree with you saying I will be happy as long as it reaches CIC irrespective of the time line (But as per my personal opinion, I want my medicals to be reached ASAP, hence went to place where all tests will be done at one place and the reason is Can't wait more to get PR.. or might be afraid of more changes/processes including to processing ...)

I also agree with you saying some medi centers will do mess up to your cases, that's why we should be more cautious, once you complete your medicals, go / call them and check the status of your medicals report after a week (I got the MR on 3rd Jan, completed medicals on 4th Jan and I verified with them today and got confirmation saying my medicals were sent on 10th Jan to CIC, hence Im bit relax until I hear from CIC). If you find medicals were not sent in a week, you check the reason and act accordingly.
Regards,
....lucky royal

withhappy

Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2012
Nomination.....
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
Med's Request
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-28-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I did my medicals in Calgary. Everything was totally messed up. I did medicals on Dec 4th and called back ten days later. They said they will finish it before Christmas. But after holiday, they said I have to retake my blood sample because they mislabelled it. I called the lab and the lab said they sent everything to the doctor long time ago already. Then the doctor office started processing my documents. They sent my son's report seperately before Christmas and my hus$mine Jan 4th. The office was horrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there. The doctor's name is Joann Van Der Merwe.

Also please keep calling the office where you did the medical and make sure they send your documents to the right place.

Good luck to everyone!

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
withhappy said:
I did my medicals in Calgary. Everything was totally messed up. I did medicals on Dec 4th and called back ten days later. They said they will finish it before Christmas. But after holiday, they said I have to retake my blood sample because they mislabelled it. I called the lab and the lab said they sent everything to the doctor long time ago already. Then the doctor office started processing my documents. They sent my son's report seperately before Christmas and my hus$mine Jan 4th. The office was horrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there. The doctor's name is Joann Van Der Merwe.

Also please keep calling the office where you did the medical and make sure they send your documents to the right place.

Good luck to everyone!
Really sorry about this behavior by the medical center. I have searched a lot on this forum but could not find any thread relating to medicals which was very surprising for me.

That is why I asked if somebody had any recommendations about a particular medical center or a particular doctor.

I would really appreciate if more people would share their experience about the medicals.

reg6724

Aug 20, 2012
hi all, i am from the Phils. Can I ask something dear friends? Where do you think is the best clinic or hospital to do the medical test?
Need your inputs and suggestions.

thank you ;)

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
withhappy said:

Good luck to everyone!
which doctor office you went to? I did mine with Dr Grunberg in downtown

snoor1987

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Hi Guys !!! '

I did my medical today .. how much time does cic take afterwards to give PR . As per their website it takes 11 months . my application was received on 15th oct at cio nova scotia .
so it means its been 3 months in total as of now ... does cic take 8 more months to give the PR . Any experiences ???

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
snoor1987 said:
Hi Guys !!! '

I did my medical today .. how much time does cic take afterwards to give PR . As per their website it takes 11 months . my application was received on 15th oct at cio nova scotia .
so it means its been 3 months in total as of now ... does cic take 8 more months to give the PR . Any experiences ???
Hey Snoor1987,

I have a few questions regarding your medicals, if you don't mind.

Where did you get your medicals done? How was your experience and how much did it cost?