20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
Hi,

I am a November applicant (In Canada applicant). I got my PPR yesterday.

My question is: Should i send my renewed work permit (original) with my passport? or add only a copy of renewed work permit? or just the passport alone?

Whoever who got their passport stamped can answer my question. Your help is much appreciated.

Good luck everybody..

Thanks,
csp

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
KittyKat said:
Landed sucessfully at Emerson yesterday. I also got a refusal of entry even though I have a valid US visitors visa. I was told it is standard procedure. It was all very quick and I'm glad its over. I got my new SIN and health card as soon as i got back.And now something new to worry about. Whether I will get my PR card in time for my already paid for vacation in late May.
Congratulations on your landing, am sure you enjoy your trip. The current timeline for PR card is about 39 days according to CIC website. If you are traveling within Canada am not sure if the PR card will be required but am sure it is required for trip outside Canada through air.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
csponline said:
Hi,

My question is: Should i send my renewed work permit (original) with my passport? or add only a copy of renewed work permit? or just the passport alone?

Whoever who got their passport stamped can answer my question. Your help is much appreciated.

Good luck everybody..

Thanks,
csp
November applicant ?? You are really lucky to receive you PPR email, will advice you to send only what they ask for. No need to send you work permit along because it will be collected from you when you are landing.

Send passport !!!!!

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
cc charged on : 12-12-12
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
Ojeola said:
November applicant ?? You are really lucky to receive you PPR email, will advice you to send only what they ask for. No need to send you work permit along because it will be collected from you when you are landing.

Send passport !!!!!
Thanks Ojeola.. It helps..

Yes, I am lucky..

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Congratulations on your landing, am sure you enjoy your trip. The current timeline for PR card is about 39 days according to CIC website. If you are traveling within Canada am not sure if the PR card will be required but am sure it is required for trip outside Canada through air.
My trip is outside Canada, that's why I am worried. I will have to do some research and see if it is possible to expedite the process.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
KittyKat said:
My trip is outside Canada, that's why I am worried. I will have to do some research and see if it is possible to expedite the process.
Okay, hopefully you get a solution to it....

kavy.sandhu

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Nov'2012 (CC Charged 12-December-2012)
AOR Received.
15-January-2013
Med's Request
28 jan' 2013
Med's Done....
18 feb' 2013
Passport Req..
11 june' 2013
VISA ISSUED...
2 July' 2013
LANDED..........
3 July'2013 (Flag-Polled as was already in Canada)
I have a big question guyz......plz helm me out. I want to know as my spouse is in India and my visa office is CPP-O...once we get PPR, how she is supposed to send her passport to canada because i have i called up few courier companies like DHL/Fedex and they said they cant ship passports to another country especially from India because it is illegal and even if they send it, the customs are going to seize it at the border. Even if i ask someone coming to canada to take her passport along personally, how i am going to send it back because then again indian custom officers are going to seize it. Please anyone know if they are from india and how they have dealt with the situation.

Thanx
Kavy

mr_bhatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
kavy.sandhu said:
I have a big question guyz......plz helm me out. I want to know as my spouse is in India and my visa office is CPP-O...once we get PPR, how she is supposed to send her passport to canada because i have i called up few courier companies like DHL/Fedex and they said they cant ship passports to another country especially from India because it is illegal and even if they send it, the customs are going to seize it at the border. Even if i ask someone coming to canada to take her passport along personally, how i am going to send it back because then again indian custom officers are going to seize it. Please anyone know if they are from india and how they have dealt with the situation.

Thanx
Kavy

You can apply for your wife's visitor visa and bring her to Canada. Then she can get her passport stamped easily and she can do the flagging in Canada.

Regards,

MB

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csponline said:
Hi,

Good luck everybody..

Thanks,
csp
Don't send anything other than what they have asked.

ashregina

Jul 28, 2012
Guyssssss finally i got my COPR and passport yesterday , i went to the nearest US border today and stamped my immigration visa . the only thing i want to know is why US authorities provided me letter of refusal ? will it really impact in future if we want to go to US. i have US visa for 10 years lolz...please any expert comments

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
ashregina said:
Guyssssss finally i got my COPR and passport yesterday , i went to the nearest US border today and stamped my immigration visa . the only thing i want to know is why US authorities provided me letter of refusal ? will it really impact in future if we want to go to US. i have US visa for 10 years lolz...please any expert comments
For landing you have to go outside the Country and come back, getting a Letter of Refusal is important for them to grant you a PR status irrespective of if you having a US Visa or not. The letter is drafted since they are aware that you are doing your landing so it wont affect any further Visa applications.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
kavy.sandhu said:

Thanx
Kavy

Quite a complicated situation, seems you have to find a way to get her passport to CPP-O because they are the only one that can issue your visa since you applied to them directly. You can probably contact CIC for more information on that.

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
kavy.sandhu said:

Thanx
Kavy

Did you get Passport request already? One of friend had same problem and CPP asked him to send him dependent's passport to visa office in the country they are living (In your case it'll be INDIA)..don't worry about it.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
xaideez said:
Did you get Passport request already? One of friend had same problem and CPP asked him to send him dependent's passport to visa office in the country they are living (In your case it'll be INDIA)..don't worry about it.
Guess you are right, probably that will be his best bet.