+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
My interviewer told that it will take anything from 4 to 6 weeks and if I don't receive it then i am suppose to call the call center
Interviewers are spot on,by my experience.....they said 2-4 months for my oath invite. It came almost 3 months after my test date. You're lucky to only have to wait another 4-6 weeks. Maybe you'll find out your oath date by first week of May :D :D

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
stargazerlilly said:
Interviewers are spot on,by my experience.....they said 2-4 months for my oath invite. It came almost 3 months after my test date. You're lucky to only have to wait another 4-6 weeks. Maybe you'll find out your oath date by first week of May :D :D
Wow!! Hope you are right!! :) :)

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
My application turned to DM this morning. Being excited, i open the link and found no change.. :( there were only 4 points the last point was regarding test invitation. Is this normal? After DM how long does it take for 5th point of oath invitation."?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
My application turned to DM this morning. Being excited, i open the link and found no change.. :( there were only 4 points the last point was regarding test invitation. Is this normal? After DM how long does it take for 5th point of oath invitation."?
Congrats DM is good sign, now its just matter of scheduling your Oath. Hope you get it soon. Stay positive ;D ;D ;D

However, I caution you about the utter unpredictability of CIC. Some of the readers on this forum mentioned even after DM months back, they did not get Oath invitation, may be CIC found some last minute excuse to hold back on their oaths.

marcm

Jul 8, 2015
What happens if you can't make your Citizenship Ceremony date?

I'm going to be travelling for a wedding later this month and my status is Decision Made

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
marcm said:
What happens if you can't make your Citizenship Ceremony date?

I'm going to be travelling for a wedding later this month and my status is Decision Made
I am in the same boat as you are. I left Canada on 28th February 2016 to tend for my old mother who was ill and hospitalized. I had my Citizenship test on 22 February. In my absence i received Oath invitation for Citizenship for March 17. I notified call centre CIC and local office in Scarborough that I am out of Canada. Now after returning back have no idea how to schedule my oath ceremony again. Can anyone guide me. Spoke to cic call centre and a woman told me to wait for 6 months now.......

Thanks

saskatoonsnip

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called cic regarding my application status they said file transfered to local visa office. What does that mean. Am I on list to be called for oath?

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Mount212 said:
I am in the same boat as you are. I left Canada on 28th February 2016 to tend for my old mother who was ill and hospitalized. I had my Citizenship test on 22 February. In my absence i received Oath invitation for Citizenship for March 17. I notified call centre CIC and local office in Scarborough that I am out of Canada. Now after returning back have no idea how to schedule my oath ceremony again. Can anyone guide me. Spoke to cic call centre and a woman told me to wait for 6 months now.......

Thanks
Beside sending a letter by courier to your local CIC office along with travel records explaining your situation, I think get your MP involved to intervene on your behalf. If not addressed this issue timely and forceful manner, CIC might decide unilaterally that you abandoned the application. Act fact and effectively.

Dammyy

May 7, 2016
Hello everyone . I need some help with information.
My wife and I passed our citizenship test in Saskatoon on August 27th, 2015.
During the interview which started off well we answered all questions until the officer asked my wife (the principal applicant) which company sponsored her since we applied under skilled worker program.. Funny my wife totally forgot the name of the company since it is owned by her dads friend and she only did volunteer work with until she got her first job here. My wife answered that she couldn't remember the name and that the job was no longer available upon her arrival and that such info would be in her files. The officer agreed and said to expect a letter in a maximum of two months.
It's about 9 months now and still 'in process' with no updates . Last update shown is the one inviting us for the citizenship test.
We have called the cic call center several times and told no updates and to call back every 6 month.
We have received no letter requesting additional documents.
Everyone we know who did their test even less than 2 months ago have done their oath.
We filled the web for on the CIC website a month ago or more an got a response on the 11th of April 2016 saying, " thank you for your email. Your application is currently under review. The clearances are pending.there is no time frame as to when the clearance will pass".

I still ask my wife why she was nervous and just couldn't answer the question till today considering we are legal immigrants and got our PR from our home country before moving to Canada but seems more like crying over spilt milk.
Any advise on this or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
Dammyy said:
Hello everyone . I need some help with information.
My wife and I passed our citizenship test in Saskatoon on August 27th, 2015.
During the interview which started off well we answered all questions until the officer asked my wife (the principal applicant) which company sponsored her since we applied under skilled worker program.. Funny my wife totally forgot the name of the company since it is owned by her dads friend and she only did volunteer work with until she got her first job here. My wife answered that she couldn't remember the name and that the job was no longer available upon her arrival and that such info would be in her files. The officer agreed and said to expect a letter in a maximum of two months.
It's about 9 months now and still 'in process' with no updates . Last update shown is the one inviting us for the citizenship test.
We have called the cic call center several times and told no updates and to call back every 6 month.
We have received no letter requesting additional documents.
Everyone we know who did their test even less than 2 months ago have done their oath.
We filled the web for on the CIC website a month ago or more an got a response on the 11th of April 2016 saying, " thank you for your email. Your application is currently under review. The clearances are pending.there is no time frame as to when the clearance will pass".

I still ask my wife why she was nervous and just couldn't answer the question till today considering we are legal immigrants and got our PR from our home country before moving to Canada but seems more like crying over spilt milk.
Any advise on this or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all
I don't think your application went under Non-routine because you completed the test. Please involve your local MP. He might get an answer on behalf of you.

http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Enter your postal code in the above mentioned link and find your local MP. Call them and make an appointment. I hope you get an answer.

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
Why is it so quiet in here? :-X :-X :-X

kharposhti

May 26, 2015
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
Why is it so quiet in here? :-X :-X :-X
Hi Guys,

I also got the test invite today for May 30th. My question is regarding a handwritten letter "A" (in red) that exists on top of the first page of the test invite. Do you have any idea what it means?

karianna

Jun 12, 2015
kharposhti said:
Hi Guys,

I also got the test invite today for May 30th. My question is regarding a handwritten letter "A" (in red) that exists on top of the first page of the test invite. Do you have any idea what it means?
No idea... I have a red handwritten C on mine...
What is the office for your test?

Daemon, Kharposhti, did either of your ecas get updated with the test date. WHile I got my invite, the ecas still has no entry about the test date...