+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
canrami said:
Hello everyone,

I applied for citizenship back on June 2015 from Mississauga, received a notice to write the test on March 17, and I passed the test last week March 31. The interview did not take long right after the test. Just today the status of my app. changed to decision made with no message indicating anything. What does that mean please? Does it mean everything was OK there will be another step I have to go through prior to receiving the notice for oath. Most people mentioned that the Decision made was along with a message indicating something about the oath.

Thank you
Decision made with no message is normal, don't worry. Normally, you will receive the Oath invitation in mail after a while.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
victoria2016 said:
Decision made with no message is normal, don't worry. Normally, you will receive the Oath invitation in mail after a while.
Yes, I agree with victoria2016. I got status changed to DM at beginning of march, but nothing about the oath date. Even now, I received the oath letter, the online status still the same as before. It really depends on case, as you know everything is possible with CIC.

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
Hi everyone! Did my oath taking March 30. Finally long wait is over
Twas pretty much emotional on my part due to previous problems
I went through during the whole application process, from permanent to
Citizenship. There were 81 oath takers from 13 different countries.

I hope the rest of June applicants receive their oath letter. It was like
the best feeling ever when i saw the brown envelope in my mailbox.
I am thankful to this forum because it helped me a lot throughtout the whole
process, getting ideas, asking fellow applicants here.
Goodluck to all of yoi and God bless us all!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
dexter1975 said:
Hi everyone! Did my oath taking March 30. Finally long wait is over
Twas pretty much emotional on my part due to previous problems
I went through during the whole application process, from permanent to
Citizenship. There were 81 oath takers from 13 different countries.

I hope the rest of June applicants receive their oath letter. It was like
the best feeling ever when i saw the brown envelope in my mailbox.
I am thankful to this forum because it helped me a lot throughtout the whole
process, getting ideas, asking fellow applicants here.
Goodluck to all of yoi and God bless us all!
Congrats, happy to know that you have completed the long journey & reached the destination. ;D

canrami

Sep 16, 2015
victoria2016 said:
Thank you guys! I raised my concern about the Design Made status and just today I received the notice to take the citizenship oath on April 18. I applied from Mississauga and the whole journey took 10 months. Awesome!

Thank you Canada, thank you fellows

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canrami said:
Thank you guys! I raised my concern about the Design Made status and just today I received the notice to take the citizenship oath on April 18. I applied from Mississauga and the whole journey took 10 months. Awesome!

Congratulations!
I found out about my oath via Ecas,it says DM but oath date line was added :D :D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canrami said:

Congrats, BTW its "Decision Made", happy for you.

mani_01

Aug 15, 2015
Hi All,
I passed my test yesterday. I got 20/20 and in interview they told you will be invited for oath .Any intelligence guess for Calgary applicant duration between test and oath. I really appreciate your help in this process.

My timeline is : APlication received :9 June 2015
Test and interview:6 apr 2016
Oath : Pending
Rgds!
Manish

chris cool

Jun 10, 2010
mani_01 said:
Any intelligence guess for Calgary applicant duration between test and oath. I really appreciate your help in this process.
The officer would have mentioned 2-3 months, if you look at the trend you will get your oath invite with in your 3 month time frame, If everything goes smooth. Cheers!

chris cool

Jun 10, 2010
Wanted to share my close friends experience who got his citizenship with shortfall of 18 days (1095 rule).
Applied: June'2015
AOR: Aug'2015
Test: Nov'2015
DM: Day before oath invite
Oath: March 1st week (test to oath invite one week short of 3 months)
He was working for a company in Canada for which he has a lot of travel to US. He wanted to take try his luck and was ready to withdraw if things would have take a turn. He carried every single document as a proof of his ties in Canada (CBSA, FOIA, Paystubs, company letter, company credit card statement, personal credit card statement, Health records, flight tickets, rental car, toll receipts etc..). What really helped for him was his FOIA of 300 pages record. The officer was very appreciative on his approach of gathering all the documents and the officer only took his FOIA. My friend made sure to report each and every day of his travel outside of Canada with out any mistake as he used to maintain a tracker which really helped. The officer didn't even bother to ask any questions to him and he finally received his invite for oath letter and his ecas got updated with the decision made a day before he received his oath letter.

His FOIA records took close to 3 months, he received them exactly 15 days before his test. Hope it helps for some users who are in similar situation & All the very best.

PinkMagnolia

Apr 8, 2016
Hi everybody,

wanted to share our timeline (family of 3)

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 25, 2015.
- We started processing your application on October 7, 2015.
- We sent you a notice on December 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM. T - we were in Germany when the letter arrived at our house, and we had to postpone that date, since we returned to Canada on Jan 10
- We sent you a notice on February 16, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 10, 2016 at 8:01 AM.

we passed the test on Mar 10. During the interview the officer was okay with the absent times of my husband (since he flies a lot back and forth to the US for work), but told me, she will make a request to CBSA for my absent times (way less than my husband's). we were told it might take 3-5 month to get an oath invite. I was quite worried about the delay, since now it would be a non-routine application :-(

I checked my ecase this Wednesday (Apr 6), still "in process". Today I opened our mail box, only to find the three invitations for the oath. Just checked back with the ecase, it only says "DM". I was crying, since I was so worried before. Now we take the oath on May 3 (3 days short of my birthday :) ) in Vancouver Expo Blvd.

So it took us some days short to 11 month for the entire process.

Hope everybody else from June 2015 will be done shortly, and feel this great relief when the invitation is in their mailbox. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
PinkMagnolia said:
Hi everybody,

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 25, 2015.
- We sent you a notice on December 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM. T - we were in Germany when the letter arrived at our house, and we had to postpone that date, since we returned to Canada on Jan 10
- We sent you a notice on February 16, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 10, 2016 at 8:01 AM.

we passed the test on Mar 10. During the interview the officer was okay with the absent times of my husband (since he flies a lot back and forth to the US for work), but told me, she will make a request to CBSA for my absent times (way less than my husband's). we were told it might take 3-5 month to get an oath invite. I was quite worried about the delay, since now it would be a non-routine application :-(

I checked my ecase this Wednesday (Apr 6), still "in process". Today I opened our mail box, only to find the three invitations for the oath. Just checked back with the ecase, it only says "DM". I was crying, since I was so worried before. Now we take the oath on May 3 (3 days short of my birthday :) ) in Vancouver Expo Blvd.

Hope everybody else from June 2015 will be done shortly, and feel this great relief when the invitation is in their mailbox. Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Congrats !!!, happy to hear your journey's happy ending. Cheers !!!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PinkMagnolia said:
Hi everybody,

Congratulations!!(and advance happy birthday!!) it's an awesome bday gift for you!! I think,CIC has a very good timing....I received my oath invitation March 4....9 days before our wedding anniversary....so it became a double celebration :D :D

PinkMagnolia

Apr 8, 2016
that's awesome, too, stargazerlilly :). we are looking forward to the ceremony, it will be an incredible moment.

stargazerlilly said:
Congratulations!!(and advance happy birthday!!) it's an awesome bday gift for you!! I think,CIC has a very good timing....I received my oath invitation March 4....9 days before our wedding anniversary....so it became a double celebration :D :D