+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

zaou

Nov 27, 2015
Politren said:
Hi zaou

Hi

Do you have any of the following which applies to you.?

1.Any visits in USA
2.Any visa valid or expired to USA
3.Stamps in your passport which are not in English or French
4.Gaps in your travel documents or currently expired last passport.
In the past 4 years I have had 331 of business trips for my employer and 1,129 of physical presence in Canada working for the same company.
to answer your above question:
1) I got a USA Business visa + 1 trip to the USA after submitting my Citizenship application from Ottawa (Citizenship application submitted June 10th, 2015 and Visa issue September 2015). Before that I didn't have a USA visa.
2) see (1)
3) I have more than a dozen of foreign stamps - all were translated + notarized by a professional translator backed up with Coloured High Resolution passport photocopies.
4) I have two passports submitted in my citizenship application. First Expired and the New one.
5) Note all business visas (10 in total) were issued from Canada.

We have families and struggling to pay our bills. There aren't a lot of opportunities out there and if the job requires us to travel, can we say NO??

My application might not be one of the simple ones, but again, if they want to send an RQ, no problem looking forward for it but at least show progress.

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
zaou said:
In the past 4 years I have had 331 of business trips for my employer and 1,129 of physical presence in Canada working for the same company.
1) I got a USA Business visa + 1 trip to the USA after submitting my Citizenship application from Ottawa (application submitted June 10th, 2015 and Visa issue September 2015). Before that I didn't have a USA visa.
2) see (1)
3) I have more than a dozen of foreign stamps - all were translated + notarized by a professional translator backed up with Coloured High Resolution passport photocopies.
4) I have two passports submitted. First Expired and the New one.

We have families and struggling to pay our bills. There aren't a lot of opportunities out there and if the job requires us to travel, can we say NO??

My application might not be one of the simple ones, but again, if they want to send an RQ, no problem looking forward for it but at least show progress.
Couldn't agree more, we need to work and pay bills and am sure they know that and in my opinion, it's the biggest proove that you live and work in Canada. Hopefully you will get Decision made very soon

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
zaou said:
1) I got a USA Business visa + 1 trip to the USA after submitting my Citizenship application from Ottawa (Citizenship application submitted June 10th, 2015 and Visa issue September 2015). Before that I didn't have a USA visa.
2) see (1)
4) I have two passports submitted in my citizenship application. First Expired and the New one.

The thing that pisses me off is that I know for sure that they can get all the data from the flights companies.
The moment when the boarding pass is issued and later on scanned at the airport they know that you are about to exit Canada.
The returns to Canada are also electronically recorded at the airport.

I also understand you and many others that the reality about good jobs with good payment is hard in Canada. Now with the weak Canadian dollar is even harder to support someone abroad.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
zaou said:
Hi Again,

Same timeline as yours and Nov 18 test without any updates or DM.

I believe, they might sample applications for further review, especially if there were abroad trips. It takes time too generate our travel records from the borders and match it with our declarations.

That's the only explanation I have, if anybody can confirm or explain the delay reasons that would be great.
By the way I also have the impression that some agents start to verify the travel entry/exits after the interview.
The result from that is of course more delay.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Edmonton office is so slow I had my test on November 3 decision made Nivember 6. No sign of oath at all and they have one ceremony on January 7 isn't that wired?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
FAAMS said:
Edmonton office is so slow I had my test on November 3 decision made November 6. No sign of oath at all and they have one ceremony on January 7 isn't that wired?
I understand your frustration. Some of these visa offices are still did not come out of their lethargic styles. Usually it takes about
60 days or more after the test to invite for Oath. Hopefully you can expect some good news by mid of Jan.

When they have large number of candidates for Oath, they conduct ceremonies in larger premises other than usual visa offices.

Ontario Visa Offices did not yet showing any progress including on the new applications. Perhaps they piled up thousands of old application in last 4 years and still working on them.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Ontario Visa Offices did not yet showing any progress including on the new applications. Perhaps they piled up thousands of old application in last 4 years and still working on them.
It seems to me that from time to time they send staff to help to some offices, while at the same time some offices doesn't have enough people to work in, hence backlog is starting to grow.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hi everyone..

I am repeating myself.. But I can't get over the fact that i had my test on november 18th n still in process I didn't get decision made till today?
Does anyone know what could b possibly taking so much time? I had a normal interview.. What could they possibly b checking that's taking so much time..
Help pls. Thanks a lot
Immediately after your test, CIC officers are mandated to "RECHECK" their secure database to make sure that your record is still CLEAN before they invite you for the oath. Normally it takes some few weeks to process however, it all will depend on the speed of your Visa Office.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Politren said:
It seems to me that from time to time they send staff to help to some offices, while at the same time some offices doesn't have enough people to work in, hence backlog is starting to grow.
Thanks, I agree with you. Some of the Ontario Visa offices especially the St.Claire and Scarborough are historically notorious in process the citizenship applications at snail's pace. I'm from the previous lot of candidates after waiting for nearly 4 yrs, forced to withdraw & re-apply.

Indeed these offices serve densely populated areas that might generate a large volume of work load. Plus now with the refugees inflow dead lines approaching, possibly the CIC staff is overwhelmed with work load.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!! NEWS!!!

Got the citizenship oath letter on 12 Jan 2016.

However, the horrific fact is that the letter was never sealed by CIC. I mean they never attempted to seal it. I'm surprised by that irresponsibility.

Now I am paranoid did I get all the pages of the notice. So guys please let me know how many pages the notice is in total and what are those?

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
dnyfyn said:

However, the horrific fact is that the letter was never sealed by CIC. I mean they never attempted to seal it. I'm surprised by that irresponsibility.

Now I am paranoid did I get all the pages of the notice. So guys please let me know how many pages the notice is in total and what are those?
Hi

Does your ECas profile indicates that they sent you the letter oath?

Thanks

Priya selvaraj

Jun 10, 2015
Finally Got Oath Invitation

Oath on JAN 14th @ 10.30 am

Local Office : Surrey BC

ECas Updated :

We sent you an oath Invitation ...........

Thanks one and all in this forum who have helped me throughout the entire process. Thanks again.

Wishing everyone Good Luck with your Test/Process & Congrats to all Oath TAkers....

Wishing you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a fantastic ,fabulous NEW YEAR 2016 :D :D :D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
dnyfyn said:

Congrats, great gift for your New Year. Which is your local visa office, some visa offices are processing fast and rest the same old story.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats, great gift for your New Year. Which is your local visa office, some visa offices are processing fast and rest the same old story.
Hi,

My office is Scarborough.