+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
Hi Kool1, they asked me the exact same questions, still no news :)

kool1 said:
I am not sure everyone of you guys had to go through the similar questions.

At first she asked how I learned English. Then the next question was if I have green card. Then another question was, any permanent residency other than Canada. Where do I work ? What was the gross income I had in 2014 as per CRA NOA. What car do I own ? what is my future plan ?

Then she took my passport and started looking each and every pages... then ... have you ever worked on middle eastern countries (Never been to middle east.. I had a layover once)? Have you ever flew out of Toronto Airport ? The answers were no.

After all these question, she told me that she is fine with the documents provided. However, before approving my application she will have to verify against her computers. If the computer shows something funny then she will contact us (RQ??).

Then she also told me that I should expect OATH either in Jan or Feb. And if they don't contact me by Feb end then i should contact them.

I was under impression that all the docs are already verified then why did she tell me that he will have to verify against her computer before she make any decisions ? Any Guess ???

kool1

Nov 16, 2011
zungim said:
Same, Windsor, December17
Thanks. Please update when your status changes to decision made. I will update too. I am expecting we should have our status change some time this week. My friends had theirs in 3 /4 days.

Also, as per my friends, who had their tests taken few weeks earlier told me that Windsor Judge is currently on vacation so there will be no citizenship ceremony any time soon. He is returning after new year.

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
kool1 said:
Thanks. Please update when your status changes to decision made. I will update too. I am expecting we should have our status change some time this week. My friends had theirs in 3 /4 days.

Also, as per my friends, who had their tests taken few weeks earlier told me that Windsor Judge is currently on vacation so there will be no citizenship ceremony any time soon. He is returning after new year.

Yea, please I hope we get decision made sometime this week.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Priya selvaraj said:
Congrats Ojeola

My status changed to Decision Made

Oath : Awaiting.........
Decision made : 20th Dec 2015
Test taken on : 12th Nov 2015
In Process : Sep 4th 2015
AoR: 28th Aug 2015
File received by CIC: 10th June 2015
Local office : Surrey BC
Family Appln: 2 A & 1 Kid
Thanks for the wishes and congraulations on you DM status.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
Hello guys,

I have a quick question. If a person does not receive the oath invitation by mail; the CIC advises to contact them. Do you know what they usually advise when an applicant contacts CIC
Well, typically they might be able to reschedule you for the next available open spot. Please note that you are supposed to contact them immedtaely so that a note will be left on your file.

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi everyone..

I am repeating myself.. But I can't get over the fact that i had my test on november 18th n still in process I didn't get decision made till today?
Does anyone know what could b possibly taking so much time? I had a normal interview.. What could they possibly b checking that's taking so much time..
Help pls. Thanks a lot

zaou

Nov 27, 2015
Hi Again,

Same timeline as yours and Nov 18 test without any updates or DM.

I believe, they might sample applications for further review, especially if there were abroad trips. It takes time too generate our travel records from the borders and match it with our declarations.

That's the only explanation I have, if anybody can confirm or explain the delay reasons that would be great.

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaou said:
Hi Again,

Same timeline as yours and Nov 18 test without any updates or DM.

I believe, they might sample applications for further review, especially if there were abroad trips. It takes time too generate our travel records from the borders and match it with our declarations.

That's the only explanation I have, if anybody can confirm or explain the delay reasons that would be great.
Then what were they doing during the "in process"...do they have to wait for the interview to order CBSA records?!

zaou

Nov 27, 2015
@Fortheloveofcanada, I will keep you posted if my status ever changes to DM,,, Did you have any trips abroad?

@Seweify, as I have mentioned in my post, it is my personal interpretation for the delay I am encountering and my status hasn't changed from In Progress to Decision Made.
During the interview, the officer told me I have received all the clearances and my file should go on fast track compared to others that they are still waiting for supplementary security clearances.
The officer checked if my original Passport matches the copies I have submitted with my application. CIC process reduced the Citizenship processing times, they wont use their resources on travel records before physically verifying the original document and find the necessity to thoroughly investigate the travel records.

I know for fact the delays are unfortunate, but nothing to worry about as I have declared my correct absence days and for being physically present in Canada for 1,129 DAYS.

Again I am not sure if my above analogy is correct, it is the only explanation I can think off,

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hi zaou

Hi

Do you have any of the following which applies to you.?

1.Any visits in USA
2.Any visa valid or expired to USA
3.Stamps in your passport which are not in English or French
4.Gaps in your travel documents or currently expired last passport.

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
Politren said:
Hi zaou

Hi

Do you have any of the following which applies to you.?

1.Any visits in USA
2.Any visa valid or expired to USA
3.Stamps in your passport which are not in English or French
4.Gaps in your travel documents or currently expired last passport.
Hi,

I don't think this is the issue, having USA or other visa or trips is not a problem, I know a lot of friends (since I live in a border city) they do trips always to USA and other friends they had many trips to Europe. The only way to exactly review travel history for each applicant is to request an RQ. When requesting an RQ and provide a copy of all pages of all passports an applicant had and used after becoming a permanent resident, otherwise, the Travel history form only indicates the day you entered Canada, it doesn't indicate the day you left.
In my opinion, the officer can check your taxes (if you submitted any taxes in USA, the officer can check information about your property if applicable, stuff like that, in my opinion, if they want more information about your travel history, then we should expect and RQ

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
zungim said:
Hi,

I don't think this is the issue, having USA or other visa or trips is not a problem, I know a lot of friends (since I live in a border city) they do trips always to USA and other friends they had many trips to Europe. The only way to exactly review travel history for each applicant is to request an RQ. When requesting an RQ and provide a copy of all pages of all passports an applicant had and used after becoming a permanent resident, otherwise, the Travel history form only indicates the day you entered Canada, it doesn't indicate the day you left.
In my opinion, the officer can check your taxes (if you submitted any taxes in USA, the officer can check information about your property if applicable, stuff like that, in my opinion, if they want more information about your travel history, then we should expect and RQ
The problem usually happens when there is a land crossing to US because often there is no records of entry/exits at the land border. Or these records shows dates which are not correct.
If the visits were made on a flights the records are accurate.
Any valid or expired work permits to foreign countries might also create delays.
Stamps not in English or French also.

This is just part of my observations with cases in forums like this and my friends recently passed interviews.