+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do we get the oath invitation? Via email or paper mail? Folks who already have the oath invitation, is there an update on ECAS in time before the oath or is there a lag on the ECAS update (happens after the oath)? Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
forberta said:
How do we get the oath invitation? Via email or paper mail? Folks who already have the oath invitation, is there an update on ECAS in time before the oath or is there a lag on the ECAS update (happens after the oath)? Thanks
Oath invitation are mailed to your home address and updated on eCase. Its better to keep an eye on both, as candidates are required to
go with original Oath invitation along with PR card and passport.

In case if your eCase states that Oath invitation was sent but you did not get the mail, call the Call Center Agents for them to verify and issue a duplicate one immediately. Hope that helps. Wish you all the best.

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made, 22nd Dec'2011
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
I do not have a Firstname, but having Lastname. whether it will create any issue while getting my citizenship? I already got my file number and currently Inprocess status.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, Hopefully you get it within couple of months time. Which is your visa office ? Vancouver & Calgary visa offices are quite fast.

Cheers !!!
Thank you Canadiandesi My visa office is Saskatoon.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
ganeshterala said:
I do not have a Firstname, but having Lastname. whether it will create any issue while getting my citizenship? I already got my file number and currently Inprocess status.
The current name that reflect on your PR files will be the one that will be on the Citizenship certificate unless you request for a change.

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made, 22nd Dec'2011
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
Thanks Ojeola.

Shirinita1979

Sep 17, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, Hopefully you get it within couple of months time. Which is your visa office ? Vancouver & Calgary visa offices are quite fast.

Cheers !!!

Congrats:) hope mine goes well too,can you tell me what questions were you asked in the interview and what documents were checked ?

Shirinita1979

Sep 17, 2015
rajbmanian said:
Scarborough office processed my application. Fortunately everything went okay. This forum helped immensely to make sure I dont miss anything in my application package. thanks everyone. i will report back after my ceremony on how it went and any tips that i can share for future oath takers.

happy holidays everyone and best wishes for the new year
Hi Raj, congrats on your process :)
I am so nervous about the interview on the day of the test, could you let me know the details of the interview? What docs were checked and what questions were asked.? Thanx a lot .

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Shirinita1979 said:
I am so nervous about the interview on the day of the test, could you let me know the details of the interview? What docs were checked and what questions were asked.? Thanx a lot .
You don't have to be nervous able the interview if you have met the residency requirement nd have submitted concrete documents to support your application. Take ALL the necessary files with you for yourinterview. Interview Questions will vary as it "case by case" basis. Goodluck

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Shirinita1979 said:
I completely agree with Ojeola. Citizenship interview is NOT at all something one need to be scared of.

CIC officer merely ask some simple questions, when did you come to Canada, your place of birth, your family details, how many kids you have, your address and what you work as. Besides verifying your documents, passport to make sure you had sufficient required days as reported in the application.

If you have required number of days and carry all the required doc's such as Landing Certificate, Passport (S), PR card, Health Card, letters to prove your address you are completely covered. :D

kool1

Nov 16, 2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I completely agree with Ojeola. Citizenship interview is NOT at all something one need to be scared of.

CIC officer merely ask some simple questions, when did you come to Canada, your place of birth, your family details, how many kids you have, your address and what you work as. Besides verifying your documents, passport to make sure you had sufficient required days as reported in the application.

If you have required number of days and carry all the required doc's such as Landing Certificate, Passport (S), PR card, Health Card, letters to prove your address you are completely covered. :D
I am not sure everyone of you guys had to go through the similar questions.

At first she asked how I learned English. Then the next question was if I have green card. Then another question was, any permanent residency other than Canada. Where do I work ? What was the gross income I had in 2014 as per CRA NOA. What car do I own ? what is my future plan ?

Then she took my passport and started looking each and every pages... then ... have you ever worked on middle eastern countries (Never been to middle east.. I had a layover once)? Have you ever flew out of Toronto Airport ? The answers were no.

After all these question, she told me that she is fine with the documents provided. However, before approving my application she will have to verify against her computers. If the computer shows something funny then she will contact us (RQ??).

Then she also told me that I should expect OATH either in Jan or Feb. And if they don't contact me by Feb end then i should contact them.

I was under impression that all the docs are already verified then why did she tell me that he will have to verify against her computer before she make any decisions ? Any Guess ???

Priya selvaraj

Jun 10, 2015
Ojeola said:
Today, 10th of Dec I receive my "CIC Test Invitation". The test is scheduled for January 2016. My VO is Winnipeg, MB

All the best to everyone..
Congrats Ojeola

My status changed to Decision Made

Oath : Awaiting.........
Decision made : 20th Dec 2015
Test taken on : 12th Nov 2015
In Process : Sep 4th 2015
AoR: 28th Aug 2015
File received by CIC: 10th June 2015
Local office : Surrey BC
Family Appln: 2 A & 1 Kid

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kool1 said:
I am not sure everyone of you guys had to go through the similar questions.

At first she asked how I learned English. Then the next question was if I have green card. Then another question was, any permanent residency other than Canada. Where do I work ? What was the gross income I had in 2014 as per CRA NOA. What car do I own ? what is my future plan ?

Then she took my passport and started looking each and every pages... then ... have you ever worked on middle eastern countries (Never been to middle east.. I had a layover once)? Have you ever flew out of Toronto Airport ? The answers were no.

After all these question, she told me that she is fine with the documents provided. However, before approving my application she will have to verify against her computers. If the computer shows something funny then she will contact us (RQ??).

Then she also told me that I should expect OATH either in Jan or Feb. And if they don't contact me by Feb end then i should contact them.

I was under impression that all the docs are already verified then why did she tell me that he will have to verify against her computer before she make any decisions ? Any Guess ???
At times some officers are not very friendly. If you have all the papers in order, there is absolutely nothing to worry. May be she tried to give you hard time to see if you have get scared.

Hopefully, you will Oath within 2 months max. BTW, which is your local visa office.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hello guys,

I have a quick question. If a person does not receive the oath invitation by mail; the CIC advises to contact them. Do you know what they usually advise when an applicant contacts CIC

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
dnyfyn said:
Hello guys,

I have a quick question. If a person does not receive the oath invitation by mail; the CIC advises to contact them. Do you know what they usually advise when an applicant contacts CIC
I am laughing, I never called. but as far as a learned here....

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION :p :p :p try your luck. once in a thousand you may find a nice agent to take care on you.