March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Hello,

Is there anyone maintaining a tracking sheet for inland sponsorship (family) of other relatives --not spouse?
Interested to see how things are trending there.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Is there anyone maintaining a tracking sheet for inland sponsorship (family) of other relatives --not spouse?
Interested to see how things are trending there.

Thank you.
It usually takes longer than spousal sponsorship so over a year. It really depends on how complex the issue is and whether an interview is needed. Would anticipate closer to 2 years.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
It usually takes longer than spousal sponsorship so over a year. It really depends on how complex the issue is and whether an interview is needed. Would anticipate closer to 2 years.
Thanks.
It likely depends on individual cases. I expected AOR after at least 7 months to a year (it came after only 4 months). Will hang in there.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
In cases where a child is orphaned that can be faster.
What about if the dependnat child was living with one parent(Mum or Dad) who passed away and the other parent(Mother/Father)lives in Canada as permanent resident/Canadian citizen?

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks.
It likely depends on individual cases. I expected AOR after at least 7 months to a year (it came after only 4 months). Will hang in there.
It all depends... I applied under the same category as you but I got AOR after 6 months and everything the day after: SA, IVM, Bio, send to VO.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What about if the dependnat child was living with one parent(Mum or Dad) who passed away and the other parent(Mother/Father)lives in Canada as permanent resident/Canadian citizen?
You case is more complicated and is your child not another relative. Your child didn't do their medical when you applied for PR. How were you granted PR?

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
You case is more complicated and is your child not another relative. Your child didn't do their medical when you applied for PR. How were you granted PR?
Child didn't do medical where i got the PR because (Mother/Father) refused that child will be taking away by (Mother/Father) to Canada but child was declared and a affidavit was signed that if there is no medical child will never be sponsored as a dependent in the future.Then (Mother/Father) dies last year, and the project pilot for undeclared children started (2019-2021). Can this be consider as urgent application and go fast as CIC has a clear history of this case?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Child didn't do medical where i got the PR because (Mother/Father) refused that child will be taking away by (Mother/Father) to Canada but child was declared and a affidavit was signed that if there is no medical child will never be sponsored as a dependent in the future.Then (Mother/Father) dies last year, and the project pilot for undeclared children started (2019-2021). Can this be consider as urgent application and go fast as CIC has a clear history of this case?
How did the parent obtain PR? (pilot is for certain route of immigration only)

And does the child has TRV or is the child using a visa exempt passport? (possibility of H&C inland if so)

Reactions: canuck78