+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Khe

Jul 29, 2021
Why do you want to send back the pictures if they told you that they already received all the documents ?
I was told by a few people that they lose pictures sent by mail every now and then but they don’t admit it so when it really takes too long sometimes sending new pictures works. No one from IRCC officially told me that but since I have a doubt I’d rather do it just in case it can help. I’ll send my new pictures on Monday.

Reactions: Didi01

Khe

Jul 29, 2021
Is there something else we can do to get them to respond about what’s going on? It’s getting ridiculous.
Absolutely, I’m running out of ideas. I wish they would just give us the opportunity to submit our pictures online now since all the new permanent residents have to do it. It would make things easier.

Reactions: Beibh1004

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
An effective tactic is to write to the MPs of the opposition who are in charge of immigration agendas ( people on the Facebook group are doing this today)

NDP: Jenny Kwan: jenny.kwan@parl.gc.ca
Conservative: Jarsraj Singh Hallam JasrajSingh.Hallan@parl.gc.ca
Bloc Québécois: Mario Beaulieu Mario.Beaulieu@parl.gc.ca

They are known as « opposition critics for immigration » and their role is to hold accountable the government for failures In the Immigration system. I suggest we all write them—they might bring this issue into parliament, especially since it’s election time (and this makes the liberals look bad). For this reason, they might want to get this to the press.
They are known as « opposition critics for immigration » and their role is to hold accountable the government for failures In the Immigration system. I suggest we all write them—they might bring this issue into parliament, especially since it’s election time (and this makes the liberals look bad). For this reason, they might want to get this to the press.

So let’s all email them and tell them how we are being forgotten and without status—and how IRCC is ignoring us and the press!

chikaloo

Nov 13, 2018
Did anyone send photos to Windsor IRCC for PR Card in March, 2021 ?
Hi! May I ask if you have already received your PR Card and when? I also sent my photos to Windsor IRCC last June, but haven’t received it yet. I just want to have an idea of their processing time as well.

gaillimh_abú

Dec 9, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
11-06-2020
Winnipeg office. COPR April 26th. Photos mailed April 28th. Account linked but no update.

I see IRCC processing times now down to 50 days from 123 days last time I checked (for first PR card).

Anybody who has received cards from Winnipeg?

Reactions: brightwalia

Maher94m

Dec 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

However,
I have received my CoPR through email in Feb 2021 from the IRCC in Montreal.

As requested in the email by the IRCC in Montreal, in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
- Is there an application number for the first PR card? -- I do NOT have one

Cacenaves

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

However,

As requested in the email by the IRCC in Montreal, in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
I am in the same situation as you but Edmonton,
I send them mine on the 23 February

Reactions: skye

crowinmtl

Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

However,

My questions are:

I'm waiting on my card from Montréal office since March 9. I called the IRCC hotline and they gave me the application number. I cannot link it in my online account, I tried everything. I also called them multiple times and sent requests via webform. I never got a useful answer. My MP contacted IRCC on my behalf, but they just got a generic reply as well.

iamkapilgarg

Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

However,

My questions are:

I am in Canada. My wife and I got the CoPR on November 24, 2020 and sent our photos the very next day. My wife got the PR card last month but I have not received it yet. Its been 9 months. I cannot link my application. I called them and raised webform request multiple times, but always got the generic reply "we have received all your documents. The delay could be because of covid". The temporary letter which they gave me during CoPR is valid only for 1 year. I don't know what to do. Please advise. My wife has received the PR card. Its strange because I sent the photos of both me and my wife together.