+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
i'm waiting from August, looks like we are on the same boat. 0 updates from Montreal office.
I got a request to resubmit photos in December, but typically people get the PR cards pretty soon when photos are re-requested..and so far no news and there won't be news until at least Feb-9th (which of course will take longer)..

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
what happens if copr expires before receiving the pr card?
I asked that when I called them this week and they say you are still PR, that the year of the COPR is to ask for the PR card. However, I am not convinced by that answer, since I am sure that to renew my health insurance Card in July (Quebec) they will ask a valid document, and if I don't get the PR Card by that time, I am not sure what will happen :)

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I asked that when I called them this week and they say you are still PR, that the year of the COPR is to ask for the PR card. However, I am not convinced by that answer, since I am sure that to renew my health insurance Card in July (Quebec) they will ask a valid document, and if I don't get the PR Card by that time, I am not sure what will happen :)
I’m always surprised with Quebec rules as in Ontario, Service Ontario provides Health card with 5 years validity with COPR.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Nothing, you will still be PR as long as you have maintained your status in Canada after Landing. It is recommended to apply PR card as it is required for travel.
Yeah, Quebec is different :).. and not to mention the long PR application process for inland applicants..and despite that I love to live here :)

Reactions: student777

merchant178

Aug 11, 2020
anyone from winnipeg office has received PR card ? i dont know how long they are going to close their office. they told me due to code red they have close the office but i sent my photos before code red. can someone please help me its been almost 3.5 months now

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
Anyone else has sent photos to Niagara Falls IRCC Office?
let me know so we can compare processing!

Reactions: pnn@1986

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Hello..pls help!! i still not able to link the pr card application to my profile. Photos and copr letter sent on Nov 23, will i still receive my PR card. Thanks

Reactions: Armaani

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello..pls help!! i still not able to link the pr card application to my profile. Photos and copr letter sent on Nov 23, will i still receive my PR card. Thanks
Linking application is always little tricky. Make sure you are entering exact information as mentioned on your COPR. On the other side, as long as you have sent your COPR with photos to designated visa office, you will get your card by process.

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Linking application is always little tricky. Make sure you are entering exact information as mentioned on your COPR. On the other side, as long as you have sent your COPR with photos to designated visa office, you will get your card by process.
Thank you for the info. Actually its my Representative who is not able to link but can only link for my wife application. I will probably call CIC next week for an update.

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
I called in today they said your card has been sent out for printing!
Can anyone suggest how long it takes on average to get them to dispatch the card

Reactions: Armaani