+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
I received a reply from the Edmonton office today - I mailed my photos June 2020
I have to submit new photos as they others didn't meet the requirements.
They have advised that I can email digital photos - has anyone else done this? Do I get them taken the same as before and then scan them?
Reply from Edmonton office shocking, are they seriously working.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Your promise and the PNP expectations
When immigrating under a PNP program, you need to consider the following:

• Provincial authorities expect you to reside in their province and contribute to their economy.
  • You sometimes sign a Performance Agreement letter. Thus, you promise the province you intend to reside there and fulfill certain obligations. Of course, the name of the letter could be different in different provinces.
  • Sometimes, you must post a Good Faith Deposit. Of course, the deposit is a significant amount that you lose if you leave the province without fulfilling certain promises to them.
As you can see, one can conclude that there is no way out of the province. However, keep reading to get the whole picture.

Protection under the Constitution Act
Under subsection 6(2) of the Constitution Act, 1982,

Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

By reading this section, you will realize that you may live and work anywhere in Canada as soon as you become a permanent resident of Canada. Of course, there is no law above the Constitution Act. In other words, no Canadian province may pass a law to prevent its residents from leaving the province. Can we then conclude you may move out of the province despite a PNP immigration? Keep reading!

Misrepresentation allegations
If you apply under PNP, but you intend to move out of the province, you are committing misrepresentation. Of course, if you are not familiar with the concept, read the following article:

Not every PNP immigrant who moves out of the province is misrepresenting. Sometimes, there are legitimate reasons for the decision. For example, you can’t secure a job in the province, and you have no choice but to move out to make a living. However, if the province suspects you have misrepresented, they could ask IRCC to revoke your permanent resident status. However, the burden of proof is on IRCC to show you actually misrepresented.
I do agree with this, I don't think there is any problem moving out from province if you can secure your job in province.
Specially if you already work in the same province in WP for years and now new job is found.

Reactions: Bikram_biks

Akki1111

Nov 13, 2019
I recently got my COPR on Jan 04, 2021. I applied through PNP Manitoba. I am planning to leave my job and go to India for two months from April to June. When i will come back i want to get a job in Ontario, will it cause any problems in my PR by then?

Reactions: Princes Queen

Gaurv54321

Nov 19, 2020
I received a reply from the Edmonton office today - I mailed my photos June 2020
They have advised that I can email digital photos - has anyone else done this? Do I get them taken the same as before and then scan them?
I have same timeline. Got CoPR on 10th June and sent photos in June. Still in process.
@munstergal Could you please let me know how you contacted Edmonton office? or you got message from them in CIC account?

Reactions: Tamim8

Anonymous109

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Looks like the only requirement they didn't meet was the picture not being recent. A lot of people from June and July are asked to submit new photos.

Reactions: Tamim8

Bikram_biks

Apr 22, 2020
Anyone who sent photos for PR card to Vancouver office recently or received PR card??
sent photos on 18th November, delivered on 19th November, got an update on 10th December that the photos were accepted and got one more ghost update on 20th December, since then total silence from Vancouver office

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Reply from Edmonton office shocking, are they seriously working.
I have sent the CoPR and Photos to the Edmonton office in June. There's no update yet. I used web form many times, but I only got template responses. I started to worry whether I'm ever gonna receive my PR card! it's been over 200 days now!!

Reactions: Buddin and Tamim8

Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
I have sent the CoPR and Photos to the Edmonton office in June. There's no update yet. I used web form many times, but I only got template responses. I started to worry whether I'm ever gonna receive my PR card! it's been over 200 days now!!
Did they ask you to send new photos. For sametime line and have not heard from them

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
I got my COPR Jan 7th, Photos mailed Jan 11th and were received today (Jan 12th) I sent mine to the Niagara Falls office. Does anyone have any timelines for that specific office? Thanks! :)