Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
Hi guys

I have been just wondering about my pr card

I received copr on 22 May this year and sent photos and copr 2 days later
I applied through representative
I called on novmber
They told me pr wasn't printed

Is it normal. Do I have to call them or would they call me if something wrong.

Thank you

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Haven't received mine either, also mailed out on 2nd December. Hoping to see it in mail today. Mailed application to Calgary office.
I called IRCC today, the agent told me it’s normal as it’s still within 6 weeks, also Canada Post is insanely busy since Christmas is just around the corner. He suggested me to contact them if it passes 6 weeks. As well, he sent me a email with Solemn Declaration. I still have my hope on for next week, fingers crossed!

Xtensio

May 8, 2019
I called IRCC today, the agent told me it’s normal as it’s still within 6 weeks, also Canada Post is insanely busy since Christmas is just around the corner. He suggested me to contact them if it passes 6 weeks. As well, he sent me a email with Solemn Declaration. I still have my hope on for next week, fingers crossed!
My wife’s PR Card was dispatched on Nov 23th, 2020 - she still didn’t receive it.
I landed on August 15th (FSW, Port Sarnia) and my application is still in progress.
Really frustrating!

Shansky07

Oct 3, 2020
Hi guys

I have been just wondering about my pr card

I received copr on 22 May this year and sent photos and copr 2 days later
I applied through representative
I called on novmber
They told me pr wasn't printed

Is it normal. Do I have to call them or would they call me if something wrong.

Thank you
We are on the same boat i received my copr May 28, 2020. Send my photo after a week to Montreal office but up to now no update.

Reactions: Tamim8

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Middle of 2020 was bad for paper documents sent to IRCC offices. I saw in another thread an interview where an IRCC spokesperson said they couldn’t physically send people into mail rooms to process paper documents.

Photos submitted around that time are quite likely still lingering somewhere in a huge pile of documents.

The situation improved later in the year. I’m reading later CoPR (from Oct/Nov) receiving their PR cards already. It seems to be ‘last in first out’ with IRCC.

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
My wife’s PR Card was dispatched on Nov 23th, 2020 - she still didn’t receive it.
I landed on August 15th (FSW, Port Sarnia) and my application is still in progress.
Really frustrating!
Have you called IRCC? It's better to call them first, I heard they sometimes have problem with card printing and re-sent the card without any notice.

Xtensio

May 8, 2019
Have you called IRCC? It's better to call them first, I heard they sometimes have problem with card printing and re-sent the card without any notice.
Yes, we already called them last week. No issues on their side... Canada Post seems to be very slow these days

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Canada Post is unacceptably slow recently. I sent my photos out on December 12th, from a inland town to Vancouver, normally 3 business days, but it has been 10 days now, no f* expecting delivery day available from Canada Post now. Very frustrating. My husband who is outside of Canada is waiting for a copy of my pr card to travel back to Canada to reunite with me and my son, and his visa expiration date is in February. Looks everything will be ruined by the first step -- slowest photos delivery by Canada Post. ☹
If you are about to mail your photos out, please use FedEx or UPS or puralator. Any of others are way better and realiable than Canada Post.

Mustafa Kakakhel

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Canada Post is unacceptably slow recently. I sent my photos out on December 12th, from a inland town to Vancouver, normally 3 business days, but it has been 10 days now, no f* expecting delivery day available from Canada Post now. Very frustrating. My husband who is outside of Canada is waiting for a copy of my pr card to travel back to Canada to reunite with me and my son, and his visa expiration date is in February. Looks everything will be ruined by the first step -- slowest photos delivery by Canada Post. ☹
If you are about to mail your photos out, please use FedEx or UPS or puralator. Any of others are way better and realiable than Canada Post.
I sent mine via Canada post and were delivered on 2nd business day (December 1st) to Etobicoke office. I'm not sure why is your taking so long. But I have yet to hear about my PR card from the office.

flxlwt

Feb 21, 2020
My timeline:

Vancouver office

EventDate
Received photos 27/11
GU17/12
Approved/Sent out21/12

How long did it take people in Vancouver to receive them recently? Holidays will slow down the process probably.
Good luck everyone and happy holidays!