+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi All,

We landed in March 2020, got our COPR stamped and gave a friends address ( Canadian address) for our PR card.My spouse and I received our PR cards in the last week of July.IRCC asked us to update the Canadian address for our child’s PR card.When we did that immediately.IRCC then asked us to confirm our child’s details as they apparently had multiple profiles for our child. We did all that.Now we got an email saying that they had abandoned or child’s PR application as we didn’t provide a Canadian address in a timely manner. We have to reapply for the PR card.Has anyone experienced this? I would appreciate your input on the following;

1)
Should be reapply now or apply after we physically move to Canada?We have the stamped COPR and we live in Seattle, so we will be driving across the border.

2)
Our child is a US citizen and we plan on moving after the pandemic restrictions are over.US citizens can enter Canada without any other visas.

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all..
My husband and I are Outland applicants and we landed on June 25 2020. We returned back to USA after our soft landing and today I received a mail asking me to submit photographs. The processing office is Nova Scotia. I would like to know
1) Has any Outland applicant sent photos from USA to their processing office in Canada?
2) Was it processed without any issues? Since the photograph will have the name and address of the photo center from USA and also the mail will have an USA address( I do have an Canada address for receiving my PR card).
3) Only I have received this mail and my spouse hasn’t received any. So should I send only my pics or attach his pics as well. I am the principal applicant and he is the dependent applicant.

any help will be appreciated :) thanks a lot in advance.
Hi SaraRahul, We are in the same situation as you. Did you get any response from this group on your questions?

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hi All,
Just to provide an update. My son's PR application (outland, soft-landed 7th April, went back to the US) has been approved and the PR card has been mailed. Meanwhile, I and my wife received a letter that our photos did not meet the specifications so we need to send new photos.

Hard luck, but none the less this post will give an idea of processing timelines for outland applicants in the same boat as me.
Hello there. we are in the exact same situation as you. How are you planning to send these photographs given FedEx and UPS wouldnt deliver to a post box.

chefbok92

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I called and raised webform. All the response is general formatting reply such as "due to COVID, it is expected delay balabala" Really nothing I can do except waiting.
That sucks.. We need more answer from IRCC Saskatoon in regard to why it takes so long to produce PR card! Official processing time for PR card is 103 days but it already exceeds to process yours! I sent an email to Cic Saskatoon and webform last week but no reply from them. So frustrating.
Hope we can get PR card soon...