+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
We landed as a family of 3 on July 3rd at Toronto Pearson . Yesterday I received a notification saying my son has his application approved and his PR card dispatched but there was no update regarding my application or my wife's application. Wouldn't they process all the three PR cards together since we had the same EE profile. I was the PA and my wife and my son were my dependents. Should I be worried?
PR card applications will be separate for each(Each will have separate application numbers).

Sanya Lakhani

Aug 6, 2020
Hi.
I landed with my family to Canada on 30th June 2020. Couple of days back my husband and daughter's application got approved and my status still shows submitted. Has someone facing same situation? Pls respond..

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Same for me.

In the IRCC website, it's showing below.

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

160 days

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
I have been following this thread but i didn’t comment because every time i tried to check on the progress of our PR cards i received a negative status. Surprisingly our PR cards were processed and send to the law firm we had used for our application. We landed on 16/06/20202 at Toronto Pearson and our cards were received on 06/08/2020. We are thankful to God that this chapter is closed! All the best to everyone waiting.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
***long read alert***

Finally received my PR cards in hand, delivered by UPS in my country of origin! Took less than a week. Standard timeline, no issues or delays in transit.

However, UPS couriers on canadian side are a joke. Didn’t pick up our envelope from residential canadian address 2 days in a row citing reason “pickup unsuccessful”. UPS customer service was unhelpful. Supposedly, no one was available at home from our side to hand over the envelope but it was not true. Furthermore, the driver had my friends’ contact number AND a comment on the order asking to call the number provided once at the pickup address. On the third day of this nonsense friends went to a UPS drop off location themselves and left the envelope there. From this point on the shipment proceeded without further issues.

Now a helpful tip to make shipping cheaper: don’t order your shipment directly through UPS/DHL/FedEx websites. Use a third party to order and pay for your shipment. You get UPS/DHL/FedEx service without a rip-off price tag. You will save up to 50% from original fare due to third party bargaining power. I’ve used secureship.ca, they’ve been great. Quick customer support through email, and they answer all questions and concerns. Loved it. They’ve saved me ~30% on the shipping fee. They take a deposit of $100 on top of your shipment fee and a $1-5 credit card charge to check your card at the very beginning, but both of these are refunded later on.

There is also eShipper. They are even cheaper, they offered a ~50% discount compared to UPS website, but sadly my non-canadian credit card wasn’t authorized upon registration.

TL;DR. Ship your PR cards abroad without fear, and do it through secureship.ca or eShipper. They are much cheaper yet deliver your shipments via carries like UPS/DHL/FedEx.
There’s also NetParcel, good rates, too.

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Any thoughts as to what the criteria is to people sending their paperwork to get PR cards made to either Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton etc?