+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
1. When you take photo for PR card, studio/photographer will stamp their name, address and Date of photo taken behind the photo. In addition to it, you can write your full name, DOB and UCI behind the photo. For address change, attach a letter requesting to send the card to particular address. Or raise a web form to change the address after sending the photo.(I have attached a letter requesting to send card to new address). There wont be any space behind the photo to provide your address.
2. To apply for SIN, you can apply online. To apply OHIP, you can visit Service Ontario. But better call them before visiting. Depending on the location, they wont be allowing walk-ins because of COVID.
Thanks for the information. I applied online for the SIN number change from temp to Permanent.
Since we've been in Canada for 2.5 years and are on OHIP already for that period, do I even bother going to change that as well?

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the information. I applied online for the SIN number change from temp to Permanent.
Since we've been in Canada for 2.5 years and are on OHIP already for that period, do I even bother going to change that as well?
Yes, they will mark your COPR number as document number and will extend the validity of OHIP card.

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
It’s better to change OHIP as well. FYI, I haven’t renewed my/family OHIP yet. I am planning to do it coming days.

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello, I landed last week, 2 days before my CoPR expiry. I logged into my CIC account today and nothing has changed. Under 'Documents' it says Documents Expired. Is this normal?

Also, I have tried linking PR card application to account and also checking the status on another CIC page, each time it says I am not recognised. Again, is this cause for concern? What changes, if any, would you expect after landing and when would you typically get them?

Many thanks

sach0408

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
London CIC has received my photo with the CoPR today, 11th August. I am trying to link my application on my profile but there are no applications linked my name and DOB. How much time should I wait after the CIC office receives the photo?

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
My journey has finally come to an end.
I've received my PR card in the mailbox today.
Landed on June 17, 2020, and received the card on August 11, 2020.

Good luck to you all & stay safe out there.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
@addyryoo - do they send physical PR cards outside Canada directly?
I don't think this is a thing.
Normally they will only send out PR cards to a Canadian address.
I saw in this thread people are having their PR cards delivered to a friend or relative's Canadian address, and use couriers like UPS or FedEx to send the card overseas, but it can be risky due to Covid-19.

KIM2612

Mar 5, 2020
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
10-01-200-20
I am CEC inland... I got CoPR letter on June 18th, 2020.
My PR Card application was linked on the 19th......
My COPR letter and pic was sent to IRCC Hamilton, Ontario, it was delivered June 23rd.

Got an email saying (Aug 7th, 2020 @ 10:21 am)....YOUR APPLICATION STATUS HAS CHANGES....
I logged in it says ...We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

August 10th card came in the mail.