+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

hockeypuck

Jul 22, 2019
My card is finally on its way.
Jan 27: Landed in Calgary
  • Feb 13: Email asking to re-send photos
  • Feb 16: Photos sent to Sydney, NS
  • .... Three web forms asking for updates. Every response was a copy/paste that didn't address my enquiry. After the third one I gave up.
  • Jul 29: Ghost Update
  • Jul 30: Submitted a change of address from
  • Jul 31: Confirmation in the account that the application has been approved and the card was sent (185 days since landing), saying it might take up to 6 weeks to arrive. It was most likely sent to the wrong address but thankfully I still should be able to access its mailbox for another while.
  • Aug 10: Received my PR Card :) 195 Days since landing, 2 years after embarking on the PR journey.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
More than 100 days since landing. No Ghost Update or anything what so ever. Whereas people who landed last month are getting Ghost updates.
Frustrating, confusing and scary all at the same time..
Same here.
Decided to wait until end of the week, if not will raise webform, fingers crossed hoping for some positive movement this week.

Please update the thread in case you hear anything too

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks!
Please update this thread once you get your card in hand :)
***long read alert***

Finally received my PR cards in hand, delivered by UPS in my country of origin! Took less than a week. Standard timeline, no issues or delays in transit.

However, UPS couriers on canadian side are a joke. Didn’t pick up our envelope from residential canadian address 2 days in a row citing reason “pickup unsuccessful”. UPS customer service was unhelpful. Supposedly, no one was available at home from our side to hand over the envelope but it was not true. Furthermore, the driver had my friends’ contact number AND a comment on the order asking to call the number provided once at the pickup address. On the third day of this nonsense friends went to a UPS drop off location themselves and left the envelope there. From this point on the shipment proceeded without further issues.

Now a helpful tip to make shipping cheaper: don’t order your shipment directly through UPS/DHL/FedEx websites. Use a third party to order and pay for your shipment. You get UPS/DHL/FedEx service without a rip-off price tag. You will save up to 50% from original fare due to third party bargaining power. I’ve used secureship.ca, they’ve been great. Quick customer support through email, and they answer all questions and concerns. Loved it. They’ve saved me ~30% on the shipping fee. They take a deposit of $100 on top of your shipment fee and a $1-5 credit card charge to check your card at the very beginning, but both of these are refunded later on.

There is also eShipper. They are even cheaper, they offered a ~50% discount compared to UPS website, but sadly my non-canadian credit card wasn’t authorized upon registration.

TL;DR. Ship your PR cards abroad without fear, and do it through secureship.ca or eShipper. They are much cheaper yet deliver your shipments via carries like UPS/DHL/FedEx.

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
It's been 5 months now since i did my landing.no updates so far , raised web form 3 times same standard reply .
Next month my copr is expiring, any suggestions what can be done?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
It's been 5 months now since i did my landing.no updates so far , raised web form 3 times same standard reply .
Next month my copr is expiring, any suggestions what can be done?
Have you tried calling the helpline? Maybe speaking with an agent can give more details.
Also does it matter when COPR expires? Once you have landed the signed COPR is sufficient as proof, of course PR card is needed for flight travel.

deepthi0892

May 28, 2020
I posted the COPR/Photos to Etobicoke in June 11.
Not updates yet after 2 months.
Going to raise webform today. Lets see.
similar timeline, submitted photos on June 5 to Etobicoke and no response or update since. My roommate who submitted her photos to the Niagara office on ~July 25 has already received her PR Card :/