+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
Your time will come.
I landed on June 17th, just received an update from IRCC 2 days ago saying that my card will arrive in 6 weeks.
So I think IRCC is starting to process PR card for folks who land from May to July now.
Patient is the key.
I landed on 18th June, no update yet. I can't even update my address because cannot locate my application, used webform twice but no response.

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
6 weeks after approval is still long, hope you receive it before that.
Does IRCC send you an email , or the status update shows on your account ?
I linked the PR application to my GC so I received an email notification to check the update in my account.
I know 6-week time is longer than usual, but it is probably the best we can ask for during this pandemic.
But I do hope that the card will arrive sooner.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
I linked the PR application to my GC so I received an email notification to check the update in my account.
I know 6-week time is longer than usual, but it is probably the best we can ask for during this pandemic.
But I do hope that the card will arrive sooner.
@addyryoo - Thank you. which office you send documents for issuing PR issue?

V_Patel

Apr 21, 2019
ref
Below post is for inland candidates:

Hi guys, I can link my PR card application to my CIC account now

Previously , I could not link because I wrongly use the date, that I became PR as listed on my COPR letter.

Now, I can link them because I corrected it by using the date, that I received a phone call for virtually landing interview
Hi there,
First I want to ask you through which stream you got your PR.
Second my friends never had to do any interview. They just mailed their copr letter along with photos and were able to link it and got their PR card in 10 days.

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
ref

Hi there,
First I want to ask you through which stream you got your PR.
Second my friends never had to do any interview. They just mailed their copr letter along with photos and were able to link it and got their PR card in 10 days.
Some folks had telephonic interview before getting their CoPR letter in email, some got it directly in their email without any telephone interview with officer( just like your friend, including me). Only Inland CEC and PNP applicants only got their CoPR through email.
secondly, getting pr card after sending photo is completely depends on the office to which photo sent. Those sent to smaller offices are getting faster and those sent to major offices like Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton,etc waiting for long. your friend is lucky to get his card in 10 days. Most of the people in this group are waiting for their card for more than 2 months(I am also waiting since May 28).

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Your time will come.
I landed on June 17th, just received an update from IRCC 2 days ago saying that my card will arrive in 6 weeks.
So I think IRCC is starting to process PR card for folks who land from May to July now.
Patient is the key.
You seems lucky for getting updates so quickly in comparison to others.. hopefully you'll get your card soon..
Where did you land and what is your visa office by the way?
Also, you got this ghost update info via email or your CIC account got updated?
Thanks in advance for your response..

Reactions: addyryoo

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone tried sending their PR card to their home location by express courier services like DHL, FedEx, UPS etc?

My card is with my uncle in Ontario and I am contemplating getting it shipped to my residence in New Delhi.

Sorry, if this is the wrong thread to post the question. Didn't want to start a new thread for this!

Thanks.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Has anyone tried sending their PR card to their home location by express courier services like DHL, FedEx, UPS etc?

My card is with my uncle in Ontario and I am contemplating getting it shipped to my residence in New Delhi.

Sorry, if this is the wrong thread to post the question. Didn't want to start a new thread for this!

Thanks.
Hey, I’m actually in the middle of this at the moment. I’ve booked my shipping through a shipping broker named secureship.ca. They offer cheaper rates. You only need your own envelope and a printed shipping label, since they don’t provide these. Their reviews are good, and your shipment is still handled by UPS/DHL/FedEx etc.

I’ve also tried similar shipping brokers, i.e. eShipper, their rates are even better but sadly my foreign credit card hasn’t work with them. Furthermore, I’ve contacted NetParcel and ShipTime but they don’t ship to some countries.

Please note that due to COVID-19 many carriers do not guarantee their service delivery times these days.

Above I’ve given my first hand experience so far, but I also know for a fact that many people send their PR cards by express courier services without any issues.

Last edited:

V_Patel

Apr 21, 2019
Some folks had telephonic interview before getting their CoPR letter in email, some got it directly in their email without any telephone interview with officer( just like your friend, including me). Only Inland CEC and PNP applicants only got their CoPR through email.
secondly, getting pr card after sending photo is completely depends on the office to which photo sent. Those sent to smaller offices are getting faster and those sent to major offices like Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton,etc waiting for long. your friend is lucky to get his card in 10 days. Most of the people in this group are waiting for their card for more than 2 months(I am also waiting since May 28).
Thanks for the reply.
I did my pr application through Aipp and I too received my copr in email.Then how come you got an interview call.

IRCC call centre told that there wont be any interview for me.
Secondly If I donot get interview call do you have any idea what should I do to link my application.
Thanks.

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
I did my pr application through Aipp and I too received my copr in email.Then how come you got an interview call.

IRCC call centre told that there wont be any interview for me.
Secondly If I donot get interview call do you have any idea what should I do to link my application.
Thanks.
Even I didn’t get an interview call, there was someone in this thread received call before getting their CoPR in email.
You can directly link the application after login to the account. You have to provide some basic info. I linked my application already.