+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
A CBC article was posted yesterday "B.C. couple calls for automatic extensions after permanent resident card renewal goes awry"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-couple-calls-for-automatic-extensions-after-permanent-resident-card-renewal-goes-awry-1.5640723

"In an email dated June 10, 2020, government staff say Feb. 10 is the back date for processing, meaning any applications received after that date would not yet appear in the system.

Newton alleges he was recently told the date had been moved up — but only to Feb. 20."

I hope it's not the same for people waiting for their first card :eek:

"Desperate for help, the couple emailed several government representatives including Vancouver Quadra MP Joyce Murray, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

In each case, government staff were unable to expedite the couple's application, often redirecting them to the IRCC website."

As expected...
If you read the entire article you see where she has been a permanent resident for 30 years who didnt want to apply for citizenship. She applied for the renewal in March 2020 when Covid began.

I am not bashing her, but If you have a sick relative living overseas I dont see why you wouldn't have ensured documents required to travel are always up to date.

Our first time applications are slightly different and I hope we can get the cards sooner rather than later.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I mean this with all due respect, but obviously those of us who waiting for our first PR cards should be the priority here.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
If you read the entire article you see where she has been a permanent resident for 30 years who didnt want to apply for citizenship. She applied for the renewal in March 2020 when Covid began.

I am not bashing her, but If you have a sick relative living overseas I dont see why you wouldn't have ensured documents required to travel are always up to date.

Our first time applications are slightly different and I hope we can get the cards sooner rather than later.
She's Japanese. Japan unfortunately doesn't allow dual citizenship once you're over age 22. You have to officially choose 1. If she naturalized as a Canadian citizen, she'd have to give up her Japanese citizenship. That's a hard ask..for anyone. I totally understand why she's remained a PR

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
@Ctv92 , I'm not saying she should have done her citizenship. I'm just saying that with a sick relative its normally best to ensure travel travels are always in order. You can renew within 6 months of the expiry of the PR card. Anyway, I wish her the best and hope she gets to travel to see her father soon.

Reactions: Ctv92

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi everyone ,

Did anyone received login details for CRA after you received your new SIN # , if so how long it takes ?
You have to register new SIN, and create new credentials. Immediately you can access your account but with limited access. You will get full access once you enter Security key that will receive in post in 10 business days. If urgent, call customer care select the option to get Security key in email. Once Agent verify some basic info, he will send the key in email and you can use it. Once you provide it in your CRA account, you will have full access.

Reactions: mahi01237

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I DONT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WITH ANYONE ELSE BUT A COUPLE THINGS HAVE CHANGED. MY CHILD BENEFIT DETAILS SECTION IS NOW BLANK- MY EXPECTED PAYMENTS ARE NO LONGER SHOWING. ALSO, MY HST PAYMENTS HAVE DISAPPEARED AS WELL. I WILL CALL THEM ANOTHER DAY

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
You have to register new SIN, and create new credentials. Immediately you can access your account but with limited access. You will get full access once you enter Security key that will receive in post in 10 business days. If urgent, call customer care select the option to get Security key in email. Once Agent verify some basic info, he will send the key in email and you can use it. Once you provide it in your CRA account, you will have full access.
Thank you ! Its strange they only asked postal code instead of whole address might be they have a record it seems !

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I DONT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WITH ANYONE ELSE BUT A COUPLE THINGS HAVE CHANGED. MY CHILD BENEFIT DETAILS SECTION IS NOW BLANK- MY EXPECTED PAYMENTS ARE NO LONGER SHOWING. ALSO, MY HST PAYMENTS HAVE DISAPPEARED AS WELL. I WILL CALL THEM ANOTHER DAY
Your CCB expected payments will show only till your work permit expiry. Since you got CoPR, you have to upload it in CRA account to recalculate your ccb. You have to upload both yours and spouse CoPR. It will take time to process based on your new status.
since my WP was expiring in August,for me expected payments are showing for July and Aug only. I uploaded our CoPR in CRA account after discussing with customer care agent.