nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
To all, this is what @bajwaboy said on another thread:

"Landed 1 june Niagara falls ON
Inland - sent letter and photos on 6 june
Application approved - 2nd july
GC key showing - we mailed your PR card .it may take 6 weeks to arrive."

I can't believe you landed on June 1st and got your PR card already while we all landed in March and still have nothing in sight.

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My wife got her SIN yesterday in mail, but it's a mess. The SIN came with her father's name.. LOL...
We were pretty sure that we filled the online form correctly, even the supporting docs are in her name.
We are trying to contact the call centre since morning but no luck. Anyone else faced similar kind of issue? Need assistance please.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
A CBC article was posted yesterday "B.C. couple calls for automatic extensions after permanent resident card renewal goes awry"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-couple-calls-for-automatic-extensions-after-permanent-resident-card-renewal-goes-awry-1.5640723

"In an email dated June 10, 2020, government staff say Feb. 10 is the back date for processing, meaning any applications received after that date would not yet appear in the system.

Newton alleges he was recently told the date had been moved up — but only to Feb. 20."

I hope it's not the same for people waiting for their first card :eek:

"Desperate for help, the couple emailed several government representatives including Vancouver Quadra MP Joyce Murray, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

In each case, government staff were unable to expedite the couple's application, often redirecting them to the IRCC website."

As expected...

Reactions: dashing_warrior

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
My wife got her SIN yesterday in mail, but it's a mess. The SIN came with her father's name.. LOL...
We were pretty sure that we filled the online form correctly, even the supporting docs are in her name.
We are trying to contact the call centre since morning but no luck. Anyone else faced similar kind of issue? Need assistance please.
Just wait for the Service Canada centres to open, it will be easier to sort it out in person.

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
To all, this is what @bajwaboy said on another thread:

"Landed 1 june Niagara falls ON
Inland - sent letter and photos on 6 june
Application approved - 2nd july
GC key showing - we mailed your PR card .it may take 6 weeks to arrive."

I can't believe you landed on June 1st and got your PR card already while we all landed in March and still have nothing in sight.
It is correct only. Those who sent photo and CoPR to small offices like Kitchener, London, Niagara are getting their pr cards within a week. Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, Sydney like large offices are delaying their cards.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
It is correct only. Those who sent photo and CoPR to small offices like Kitchener, London, Niagara are getting their pr cards within a week. Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, Sydney like large offices are delaying their cards.
I agree that this is what seems to be the issue but IRCC should then communicate a time estimate by CPC and not one that is global to all the offices. People who are waiting are then flooding the Webform or the call centers to have a proper estimate which no one has.