+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

jyyde

May 3, 2017
Just an update on my initial PR card application, landed on 15th of April 2020.

With the current timeline I was looking to receive my PR latest by August however spoke with an agent today.

She confirmed my application was only submitted 2nd week in June so my landing date necessarily don’t mean application date, was categorically told these applications are non-essential so I need to count the time line from 2nd week in June. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: dashing_warrior

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Yeah you are right ! I can't able to login my CRA account , it shows "we cannot proceed with your request " . Does it mean they issued my new sin ?
Yes. That means your old sin is deactivated and new one is issued. Mostly, it is getting delayed because of Canada post. Just wait few more days, my wife got it after 17 days even though it was issued 3 days before me(based on the issue date in sin date). Canada post is not following their standard delivery time these days.

Reactions: mahi01237

Sandeep brar

Aug 23, 2018
I just received COPR on april24 , in return i send my photos and confirmation which was received by may 12 to ircc edmonton. But now I haven't get any response from them. Wt i can do now either contact ircc or not .

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yes. That means your old sin is deactivated and new one is issued. Mostly, it is getting delayed because of Canada post. Just wait few more days, my wife got it after 17 days even though it was issued 3 days before me(based on the issue date in sin date). Canada post is not following their standard delivery time these days.
I have the same error message and applied for new SIN about a week ago

Will the SIN that arrives in mail have instructions on creating a new CRA account ?

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Just an update on my initial PR card application, landed on 15th of April 2020.

With the current timeline I was looking to receive my PR latest by August however spoke with an agent today.

She confirmed my application was only submitted 2nd week in June so my landing date necessarily don’t mean application date, was categorically told these applications are non-essential so I need to count the time line from 2nd week in June. Good luck to you all.
Good to hear . Just wandering when i called them , agent told me it was submitted as i can see when i link up to my CIC , but agent didn't conveyed me when it was submitted to respective department. Interesting :O

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Thank you ! Much appreciated :)

Will i get new credentials to login my CRA account or how does it works ?

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I have the same error message and applied for new SIN about a week ago

Will the SIN that arrives in mail have instructions on creating a new CRA account ?
Thank you ! Much appreciated :)

Will i get new credentials to login my CRA account or how does it works ?
It will not have instructions. You have to create new credentials using new SIN. After 10 days you will get security key in post to activate it(if urgent you can call the customer care and get the key in email). So you will get full access to your CRA account. You can see your old tax returns(old sin) with this new account.

Goodnews16

Nov 27, 2016
I just received COPR on april24 , in return i send my photos and confirmation which was received by may 12 to ircc edmonton. But now I haven't get any response from them. Wt i can do now either contact ircc or not .
My photo was delivered at IRCC Edmonton on May 27, but up till now no news. Were you able to add/link your application on cic online? I couldn't.

marianamul10

Jan 19, 2019
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-09-19
Nomination.....
07-11-19
AOR Received.
18-12-2019
Did anyone applied SIN through online ?

I applied around June 2nd , no update since then . I tried to reach out to customer care " due to high volume of calls we couldn't transfer your call to agent". Is anyone experiencing same issue

Appreciate if anyone could provide inputs !
i applied June 2 too and havent received my SIN number. Im currently calling the customer care after 5 times of trying I finally got in the queue. Ill update my status once I finished talking to them :)

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
i applied June 2 too and havent received my SIN number. Im currently calling the customer care after 5 times of trying I finally got in the queue. Ill update my status once I finished talking to them :)
This happened to me as well. They failed to tell me the status of my application after 1 month of wait. They told me that we have processed applications for those dates. They advised me to re-apply again and the new application will be merged with the old one. I re-applied and got my SIN within 10 days.

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Thank you so much ! Could you please share customer care number as well .

marianamul10

Jan 19, 2019
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-09-19
Nomination.....
07-11-19
AOR Received.
18-12-2019
1-866-274-6627

I just finished talking to one of their agent.
He can't find my application that's why he asked me to re apply again online and thats what im doing now.
You're welcome!

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
I have always talked to SIN office on (866)-274-6627. Call multiple times until you get through to the list, this is the trick. Call early morning when the load is less. I always had to wait around 1 hour 30+ minutes.

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
1-866-274-6627

I just finished talking to one of their agent.
He can't find my application that's why he asked me to re apply again online and thats what im doing now.
You're welcome!
I guess some Service Canada centers are opening this week !

If its urgent for you i would suggest you to wait instead of applying online !

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I have always talked to SIN office on (866)-274-6627. Call multiple times until you get through to the list, this is the trick. Call early morning when the load is less. I always had to wait around 1 hour 30+ minutes.
yes , you are right !

Yesterday i waited for almost 50 mins and hanged up the call :) lol

Reactions: Airaelli02