+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I concur. Do you think we could do anything?

I am on the point of looking for a local MP to complain to. I’ve heard it worked for PR applications that were long due.
I'm going to look up my MP definitely, because it's one thing if we're all in the same boat, it's another if people who are applying after us are getting their PR cards before us, and then IRCC are telling people who are inquring that they're not processing applications for PR cards at the moment.

bajwaboy

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
I'm happy for you, but what the actual freak?

How come inland applicants are getting processed so soon, and we outland people are seeing no movement after more than 3 months waiting?

C'mon now, this is getting ridiculous.
May be all offices working with different capacity of staff and with different processing delays due to staff and application they received . Because mine was Niagara falls .

V3n0m

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Friend of mine CEC Inland got email PR card mailed today
PR approval 3rd June
Photo and letter delivered on 9th June

Reactions: ank22

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
May be all offices working with different capacity of staff and with different processing delays due to staff and application they received . Because mine was Niagara falls .
That's probably the case, i think there is a different processing center for outland and inland applicants from the looks of it.

But even then, this isn't fair on us. We shouldn't be penalised by this, even if our processing is slower, it should still actually be processed. It can't be that you guys can get your cards processed and soon, and they're not even working on our cards.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We did the exact same thing.

You cannot plan anything without a PR card, and nowadays with a PRTD supposedly you need to fly to Canada within 30 days of its approval. What’s more, someone I know received a PRTD a month ago and it was only valid for a 4-month period and it was single entry. All for C$50 plus international DHL fees. Surely they should have granted a multiple entry, 1-year PRTD, considering the current situation with PR cards!

By the way, if I may ask, when are you planning to return and which province do you think would recover quicker?
My decision to return rests on how fast the Covid induced recession recovery starts. I am in touch with friends working in Canada and will take a decision to move only when the job market starts picking up again. IMO this might take a good 12 months or so (hoping for a vaccine to be commercially available within an year!).

I am primarily looking at Ontario. Toronto and Vancouver have the bulk of the job opportunities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
My decision to return rests on how fast the Covid induced recession recovery starts. I am in touch with friends working in Canada and will take a decision to move only when the job market starts picking up again. IMO this might take a good 12 months or so (hoping for a vaccine to be commercially available within an year!).

I am primarily looking at Ontario. Toronto and Vancouver have the bulk of the job opportunities.
I'm pretty happy in UAE earning tax free income at this moment!

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Hello all,
Any idea how much time the PR card delivery is taking nowadays? The website shows 98 days but is the government really adhering to what has been shown? Any recent lucky persons??
Also, how can I check my office address where my PR card will get processed? Is it same as my visa office?
Awaiting your valuable responses and thanks in advance!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Only people who have gotten it recently are inland applicants.

Guys, i think i figured out why inland applicants are getting their PR cards before us.

Recent inland applicants are not receiving normal COPRs like we did, because their landing appointments have been cancelled. And because their receiving sort of virtual COPRs which are not actually signed by a border agent like ours were when we landed, they can't be used to do a lot of things like ours can.

So IRCC are prioritising their PR cards because of this, because they will need them more than us according to that logic.

Last edited:

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Only people who have gotten it recently are inland applicants.

Guys, i think i figured out why inland applicants are getting their PR cards before us.

Recent inland applicants are not receiving normal COPRs like we did, because their landing appointments have been cancelled. And because their receiving sort of virtual COPRs which are not actually signed by a border agent like ours were when we landed, they can't be used to do a lot of things like ours can.

So IRCC are prioritising their PR cards because of this, because they will need them more than us according to that logic.
The thing about virtual COPRs for in-land applicants was news to me, thanks for sharing. My greatest fear is that after 110+ days of waiting for out-land first time PR card applicants, they come back and ask for a fresh picture because they found some problem with it.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
The thing about virtual COPRs for in-land applicants was news to me, thanks for sharing. My greatest fear is that after 110+ days of waiting for out-land first time PR card applicants, they come back and ask for a fresh picture because they found some problem with it.
I doubt it, i'm assuming the vast majority of us submitted our 2 photos to the VO after receiving PPR, with the second photo attached to our COPR when we received it, that photo that will be used for the PR card.

So if they were going to reject the photo it would have been then.