+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

abong

Apr 1, 2020
Has anyone here received their SIN using the online application using the bank statement as proof of address ?

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Hello Friends,

We received pr confirmation email on
We have few queries below for applying for the PR card:
  1. In the PR Confirmation letter, it is mentioned to send both the copies of COPR document along with one photo - Do we need to send both the original copies of the COPR document or the xerox copies?
  2. If we send the original copies of COPR documents, then do we need to send the return envelope along with our package for IRCC to send us back the COPR docs and PR card?
  3. In the PR Confirmation letter, it is mentioned to write UCI and name on the back of the photo unless it is attached to COPR. One of our COPR document has our photo attached to it. Do we need to send our photos again with UCI and name written on the back of it or just the COPR documents would work?

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Hello Friends,

We received pr confirmation email on
We have few queries below for applying for the PR card:
  1. In the PR Confirmation letter, it is mentioned to send both the copies of COPR document along with one photo - Do we need to send both the original copies of the COPR document or the xerox copies?
  2. If we send the original copies of COPR documents, then do we need to send the return envelope along with our package for IRCC to send us back the COPR docs and PR card?
  3. In the PR Confirmation letter, it is mentioned to write UCI and name on the back of the photo unless it is attached to COPR. One of our COPR document has our photo attached to it. Do we need to send our photos again with UCI and name written on the back of it or just the COPR documents would work?
What stage are you at? BEFORE BORDER CROSSING or AFTER BORDER CROSSING?

PR status is activated at immigration desk at the Airport when you do the border entry?

Orrrr....Have you already entered the border and are inland?

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I will raise my next webform in mid july... I will be completing like 100+ days since mid-march landing and not a TRACE of PR CARD in sight! What a terrible scenario for us *weep *weep :( :(

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I definitely think we need to contact them, especially those of us who are past the 3 month mark.

I'll be past it later this month, and will request an update.

I wish there was paid priority processing like there is for passports.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Landed Mar 3. I'll be at 113 days (current processing time) on Jun 24. no updates on profile. We shall see..says to raise webform only if processing time has passed so will raise one then if card not in hand by then

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents got their PR landing confirmation email last week and on the same day we sent their COPRs with copy of PR landing confirmation letter to CIC- Etobicoke in one envelope by Canada Post.
My father has been able to link his PR card application using his UCI and other details. It doesn't show dependent.
My mother also tried to link her application using her UCI and other details in her GCkey account. It comes back "No matching details found".
Can someone confirm if each applicant of a family has to link his/her PR card application seperately in his/her account?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Since the wait for PR cards seem to be remaining super long, I had a question on "proof of Permanent Residency" without PR card.

In my understanding the signed COPR document (that was done at landing time by the IRCC officer) is sufficient to prove PR status. Is this correct?

I did not get any stamp on my passport or any other such stamp during landing, making sure I didn't miss anything :D

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hello everyone. I arrived to canada on 31st March...I didnt get my PR card...I am leaving...I have spent lot of money. Its the worst time for immigration ladies and gentleman. I still dont know when I can receive this PR card. Can anyone tell me if they recieved their card ?? People who entered to canada in march are you here??

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Since the wait for PR cards seem to be remaining super long, I had a question on "proof of Permanent Residency" without PR card.

In my understanding the signed COPR document (that was done at landing time by the IRCC officer) is sufficient to prove PR status. Is this correct?

I did not get any stamp on my passport or any other such stamp during landing, making sure I didn't miss anything :D
Copr works as proof of pr for everything but travel.
Only exception for copr re travel is coming via a US Land border

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Hello everyone. I arrived to canada on 31st March...I didnt get my PR card...I am leaving...I have spent lot of money. Its the worst time for immigration ladies and gentleman. I still dont know when I can receive this PR card. Can anyone tell me if they recieved their card ?? People who entered to canada in march are you here??
It's extenuating circumstances
If you know anyone in caanda., Update your address via webform and arrange for them to courier it you once they receive it or apply for a prtd to re enter later on

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Copr works as proof of pr for everything but travel.
Only exception for copr re travel is coming via a US Land border
So nothing further needed as per "proof" besides COPR?

Ideally I'll have a PR card by the time I move permanently (sometime Fall this year), but if not I am hoping to use the COPR as travel document while driving across land border. I assume that the signed COPR will suffice?