+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

eksray

May 19, 2017
Hello everyone. I arrived to canada on 31st March...I didnt get my PR card...I am leaving...I have spent lot of money. Its the worst time for immigration ladies and gentleman. I still dont know when I can receive this PR card. Can anyone tell me if they recieved their card ?? People who entered to canada in march are you here??
Adding to what the fellas said above, and if your nearest VAC is closed, the PRTD application can be filed by email nowadays (somewhat less frictions). Check here for more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Btw it looks like no change to processing time today :(
Remains at 113 days as of June 9th, I was really hoping it will drop to/below 100 days.
Yeah, same. I was hoping for some movement, too.

Also PR renewal time has been raised from 166 days back to 174 days. It’s like they alter the numbers week-on-week without using any new data in calculations.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
So nothing further needed as per "proof" besides COPR?

Ideally I'll have a PR card by the time I move permanently (sometime Fall this year), but if not I am hoping to use the COPR as travel document while driving across land border. I assume that the signed COPR will suffice?
As long as you're in a private car, you can cross any land border with copr (must be signed and stamped- that's what makes you a PR). My sister and I went to the US twice with copr (and passport with US visa of course) before lockdown driving from Ontario to upstate NY and back with no issues.

Pr card or prtd are for public transportation company/airline personnel to verify your status. So you cannot use copr on greyhound, train, plane, etc.

vs land border, in a private car, you answer to no one until you present yourself to CBSA official who can verify your status. Hope that makes sense

I've also since got a job with copr and sin number.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Reactions: guydecent

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Dear all, I linked my PR application and I have status 'Pending registration' does anyone has different status? was it this way the first time? did anyone get 'pending registration?

thank you

Last edited:

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Dear all, I tried to link my PR card application to my account but it didnt allow me....it says that the application is not found, are there anyone who could link his application? thank you in advance
I’ve had the same issue and I’ve solved it.

Submit a web-form stating Technical difficulties in the drop down menu for type of enquiry. Attach screenshots of all your answers provided while trying to link your PR card application. You’ll receive a reply from the IRCC, they’ll check your submitted answers and will tell you what to do next.

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I’ve had the same issue and I’ve solved it.

Submit a web-form stating Technical difficulties in the drop down menu for type of enquiry. Attach screenshots of all your answers provided while trying to link your PR card application. You’ll receive a reply from the IRCC, they’ll check your submitted answers and will tell you what to do next.
Thanks a lot. I could link my application now, the issue was my city of birth, I have status 'Pending registration ' what is your current status?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thanks a lot. I could link my application now, the issue was my city of birth, I have status 'Pending registration ' what is your current status?
If you login again now, it will show submitted.

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
it also says: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
do you have the same details there? was there anything updated when you access the application status?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
it also says: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
do you have the same details there? was there anything updated when you access the application status?
Now the long wait begins. Processing time is 113 days.

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Now the long wait begins. Processing time is 113 days.
But I have landed on 31st March... i believe the counting start from the day I have landed not the date I have linked my application, technically I am 70 days since landing, so I dont think these 70 days were just gone due to not linking the application, or?

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
But I have landed on 31st March... i believe the counting start from the day I have landed not the date I have linked my application, technically I am 70 days since landing, so I dont think these 70 days were just gone due to not linking the application, or?
Starts from when you landed. No requirement to link it

Reactions: Ethan_007

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Starts from when you landed. No requirement to link it
Thank you very much for your feedback. do you think they can exceed 113 days they set now? I will put my uncle address and leave canada, but he is already going to change an apartement but no fix date yet, so i am wondering if the 113 is a sure fixed time, i dont know if anyone has exceeded that time...

gabi1984

Feb 25, 2019
As long as you're in a private car, you can cross any land border with copr (must be signed and stamped- that's what makes you a PR). My sister and I went to the US twice with copr (and passport with US visa of course) before lockdown driving from Ontario to upstate NY and back with no issues.

Pr card or prtd are for public transportation company/airline personnel to verify your status. So you cannot use copr on greyhound, train, plane, etc.

vs land border, in a private car, you answer to no one until you present yourself to CBSA official who can verify your status. Hope that makes sense

I've also since got a job with copr and sin number.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
Hey - Do you know if rental cars (rented from Canada) are considered private?