+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Got an email today from IRCC stating that they are still working on my application. The text is as follows:

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXX@zzzz.com
Got exact same email today 6:40a ET. Today is 13 weeks since I landed on Mar 3. No change on my profile though..hopefully soon

Reactions: kushagra452

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Looks like some progress, I landed on 13th March but no updates as yet on PR card application.

System glitch and it's not related to any applications , almost everyone got it including people already got pr card in January.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Has anyone with recent e-mail PR Landing already applied for SIN and OHIP cards?
-If yes, please share the list of documents used?
- Did you send both COPR documents (IRCC & Client copies)?
-Did you include pre-paid/self addressed envelope for return of your documents?
-Did you also include a picture?

CIC Inland

Mar 6, 2020
Got an email today from IRCC stating that they are still working on my application. The text is as follows:

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXX@zzzz.com
Looks like General Email to Everyone Who has Express entry profile. I got it on my Old cancelled application as well and one processed recently as well.

Still Waiting for PR Card, Landed Mid March

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Has anyone with recent e-mail PR Landing already applied for SIN and OHIP cards?
-If yes, please share the list of documents used?
- Did you send both COPR documents (IRCC & Client copies)?
-Did you include pre-paid/self addressed envelope for return of your documents?
-Did you also include a picture?
Hi,
I recently applied for OHIP in person and got it approved. I submitted the PR approval letter, passport, old OHIP card & work permit, and driving license.
Applied for SIN online and attached PR confirmation letter, passport copy and driving license copy. Still waiting for the response.
Hope this will help you

Reactions: vermas

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019

I hope I also get this mail for some fake mental satisfaction. Hungry for peanuts as a snack!

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I’d take this info with a grain of salt. When I landed back in March the officer told me the waiting time was 6 weeks. Guess what - never happened. Other people who also landed in March were told different times, like, anything from 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the officer. Well, they are still waiting for their pr cards, too.

The official processing time for new pr cards published on the ircc website was indeed 135 days as at May, 17. I bet this is where your officer got his numbers from.

However, the waiting time has since been updated, twice. First to 113 days on May, 19 and then to 108 days on May, 26. As you can see, so far it is gradually going down. Just keep checking the official ircc website every Tuesday, it’s the only valid and up to date source of information in regards to processing times of pr cards:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Three cheers for positivity dose by @dashing_warrior (I am a mid march PR lander btw) - my life is still on hold. Thank god for relatives.

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
It's a priority for people who need to be mobile, some people still have commitments to wrap up in their home country, some people may have to travel for work when they're based in Canada.

I know there is the PRTD visa, but i think we have a realistic expectation to obtain our PR card within a reasonable time frame.
100% - Hitting the nail on the head.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Certain communities being focused on immigration is partially leftover from a time where moving to Canada, UK, Australia was almost guaranteed to be an upgrade in your living standards. Housing didn’t cost as much and if you worked hard, even at a lower salary, you could get a home and send money back and build/buy a home in your home country. Many immigrants also don’t want to show their family and friends that life is difficult in Canada. That only makes more people want to immigrate. I always encourage people to really look at whether they will have a better life in Canada especially if you are doing well in your home country. Both parents work in Canada told afford abasic to decent lifestyle not because of gender equality. People hear about CCB and consider it ”extra money”. It is geared to income so the poorest get the most and at that level of income CCB is needed to afford basic goods like more nutritious food, help with childcare costs, etc. Same as “free“ schooling. People compare it to what they are paying at home but don’t consider the much higher income tax rate. People also see free healthcare and expect the same fast access to healthcare that they may have had access to in private hospital in their home country. Canada is relatively easy to immigrate to and get citizenship and we speak English. It is relatively hard to immigrate to the Nordic countries. Many are unwilling to learn German which isn’t easy. The UK has lots of issues and the £ has decreased.

I love Canada but need to immigrate with realistic expectations.
Jeez....If only UK was an easy migration or easy laws to become a PR there! what a dream! Anyhow, now we are in line to become Canadian Citizens in 5 years. Gotta get down n dirty and just make it work... make it happen people!!!!