+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the Canadian real estate market teetering on the brink of a collapse, unemployment will shoot up. Foreclosure have already started. Subdued crude oil prices have given the second body blow to the Canadian economy. Oil and gas is a big employer in Canada and contributes approx. 7% to the total global crude supply. Several oil and gas companies have laid off or furloughed employees across Canada.

With these two sectors under stress, I do not foresee the Canadian economy picking up anytime soon. A flood of migrants will only exacerbate the problem of unemployment. It is a tough time for new immigrants (and citizens).

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
With the Canadian real estate market teetering on the brink of a collapse, unemployment will shoot up. Foreclosure have already started. Subdued crude oil prices have given the second body blow to the Canadian economy. Oil and gas is a big employer in Canada and contributes approx. 7% to the total global crude supply. Several oil and gas companies have laid off or furloughed employees across Canada.

With these two sectors under stress, I do not foresee the Canadian economy picking up anytime soon. A flood of migrants will only exacerbate the problem of unemployment. It is a tough time for new immigrants (and citizens).

While I could sit here and moan all day about the refund I'm still owed and my lost PR card I am so incredibly grateful that my PR got processed right before this all happened. If it had been even a month later I would not have been able to activate my PR and would have had to go back to my home country. Also, I feel so bad for those who are in Canada trying to get the 1 year experience to qualify for CEC who have now lost their jobs and won't be eligible anymore. That could have been me if I had waited a couple of years later to come to Canada.

I think due to unemployment immigration numbers will be reduced, maybe provinces will send out less nominations. So while it sucks to still be waiting for my PR card 4 months after landing I'm so happy that I don't need to worry about my immigration status here anymore and the stress of waiting for the application to be processed. I don't know about you guys but sometime I forget I have my PR and get all panicky about my application and immigration status just for a second.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
While I could sit here and moan all day about the refund I'm still owed and my lost PR card I am so incredibly grateful that my PR got processed right before this all happened. If it had been even a month later I would not have been able to activate my PR and would have had to go back to my home country. Also, I feel so bad for those who are in Canada trying to get the 1 year experience to qualify for CEC who have now lost their jobs and won't be eligible anymore. That could have been me if I had waited a couple of years later to come to Canada.

I think due to unemployment immigration numbers will be reduced, maybe provinces will send out less nominations. So while it sucks to still be waiting for my PR card 4 months after landing I'm so happy that I don't need to worry about my immigration status here anymore and the stress of waiting for the application to be processed. I don't know about you guys but sometime I forget I have my PR and get all panicky about my application and immigration status just for a second.
+2

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Definitely, in many ways we are the lucky ones.

You only have to look at the difficulty of people who have had their COPR expire and have not been able to land, and how stressful that has been for them to have that renewed.

And of course those who are on temporary statuses in Canada and have lost thier jobs have it even worse.

We have to be thankful.

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
I personally don't expect anything on PR card until June..(March lander)

Any word on online sin application anybody got response yet?

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019

I hope they open up Retail soon - Malls, stores etc. WE NEED JOBS!

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019

The Universe Works in Mysterious Ways! Some people call it 'Karma'! Hehe

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I personally don't expect anything on PR card until June..(March lander)

Any word on online sin application anybody got response yet?
I am even more pessimistic - I expect August first half. Here is what I think -

May - No movement of PR Card applications
June - Starting of movement of PR Card Applications
July - Turn by turn, speed up, NEXT!
August - Feb & Mar files should be processed as a deadline in this month

What do y'all think?

March & February PR Landings! Share with us your "Settling Down" progress -

G1/G/G2 - Were you able to get this in March?
SIN - Were you able to get this in March?
OHIP - Were you able to get this in March?
Credit Card - Were you able to get this in March?
Postpaid Phone Connection - Which operator, what plan?
House - Air BnB / Relative / Friend / Hotel ?
Car - Rented / Bought / No car ?
Transit - Uber / Lyft / Public Bus & Train ?
Job - LinkedIn / Indeed / Kijiji / Referral / Friends Network / Facebook ?

Please share your inputs as per your discretion.... January PR are also welcome to participate!

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
It's pretty unfortunate that they ask for the POA, because you can't do anything without your SIN number anyway, many landlords actually ask for your sin number before they will rent to you.
A landlord can ask for your SIN, but under the law, you do not have to give the landlord your SIN and you shouldn’t.

Reactions: Islander216

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019

What do y'all think?

Please share your inputs as per your discretion.... January PR are also welcome to participate!
Some people applied for SIN numbers online in early April. Received their SIN numbers by mail in late April. Applying by mail works, too, but takes a bit longer.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What do y'all think?

I am back home in Delhi after completing my soft landing. With the Canadian economy hitting a rough patch, I am not in any rush to return. Still weighing my options. Let's see how the post pandemic world shapes up (assuming that a vaccine comes out soon!).

Iceclimber

Feb 5, 2020
Hi all,
I landed on 7th May and gave the address for the PR card to the officer.
1) Do I need to communicate it again via webform (or the like)?
2) How do you check your PR card status? Only by calling the IRCC?

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
Hi all,
I landed on 7th May and gave the address for the PR card to the officer.
1) Do I need to communicate it again via webform (or the like)?
2) How do you check your PR card status? Only by calling the IRCC?
You don't need to communicate again but if you want to confirm address on file you can always call ircc and ask them what address they have on file.
You can check status online by linking file on mycic account. Most guys have been waiting for 60 plus days if not more. The processing times have increased due to C19

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I am back home in Delhi after completing my soft landing. With the Canadian economy hitting a rough patch, I am not in any rush to return. Still weighing my options. Let's see how the post pandemic world shapes up (assuming that a vaccine comes out soon!).
Sitting in Delhi and enjoying the mangoes and monsoon - I am sure all you can think about is Canada Canada Canada! LOL

Reactions: kushagra452