+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Honestly, i've heard a lot of horror storries on Airbnb about hosts (not in terms of ID theft, but just false advertising, unreliability, etc), so i'd be careful, because their verification is not that thorough at all.

I got lucky that i rented directly from a property management company, so i didn't feel like it was an issue to give them a copy of my ID. I also had to give a copy of my ID to my first landlord for my first apartment, which i booked on agoda. I was initially hesitant, but they had many reviews from guests so it seemed safe to assume they were legit.

It's pretty standard to provide a copy of your ID to a landlord, but i would always meet them first and try to read whether they seemed trustworthy. I would not give them a copy of my COPR, you don't have an obligation to provide evidence of your immigration status from what i understand. At most if they wanted to see it i could show them, but i would not allow them to make a copy.

I also don't usually give a copy of my passport, i have a national ID from my home county, i prefer to give that because good luck to them trying to do anything with it lol. I know not everyone has one in their country however, so they have to provide their passport.
Wow, thanks very much for the honest & thorough response! It answers many of my questions at once. Much appreciated!

Visabo

May 2, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Just to share my situation, I landed March 5th and as of today my application has still the status "submitted". I will let you know if there is any update ;)
Also, I have a question for those of you who applied online for a SIN number with the COPR letter. How long does it take to receive a SIN number? Is it fast?

Thanks for you help!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm actually regretting applying online for the SIN, because now Ontario is starting to open up, and i just think it's better to wait for a Service Canada office to open, because you get the SIN on the same day after a few minutes.

I have no idea how long the online application will take, and most people here are still waiting to receive theirs.

Reactions: guydecent

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
I'm actually regretting applying online for the SIN, because now Ontario is starting to open up, and i just think it's better to wait for a Service Canada office to open, because you get the SIN on the same day after a few minutes.

I have no idea how long the online application will take, and most people here are still waiting to receive theirs.
Even if you applied online you can still go to service Canada if you didn't receive anythig once it opens so no harm by applying online - this is based on my conversation with Service Canada SIN department.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Great, i think that the Service Canada offices are going to open before i receive anything from the online application, going by how long others have waited as well.

sukhvirsingh

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
i was told 2 months but thats just a word which doent matter.... looks like they broke one of their printing machine :p :p
From very long time my status was "We are processing your application" is it IP2?yesterday i saw Profile UPDATED when Log in ,,,,,,but after logout i sign in again it just showed "Submitted".
Is that ghost update 3 or what?Anyone know they ask for additional document after ghost update 3 or just send PPR after this,How many days ghost update to PPR?
If they ask for any additional document i want to be ready in advance.Please can anyone guide me,I am little worried.

During the process they just asked me RCMP.

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
From very long time my status was "We are processing your application" is it IP2?yesterday i saw Profile UPDATED when Log in ,,,,,,but after logout i sign in again it just showed "Submitted".
Is that ghost update 3 or what?Anyone know they ask for additional document after ghost update 3 or just send PPR after this,How many days ghost update to PPR?
If they ask for any additional document i want to be ready in advance.Please can anyone guide me,I am little worried.

I know couple months ago guys were getting ppr 3 - 4 weeks after spotting ghost update. You likely won't get any more documents request if you already submitted RCMP especially is it's been a while..

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019

It is a ghost update!
Don't worry, it's a good sign

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019

You are talking about your PR card - That is a good message for all of us waiting in sheer DESPERATION to get our cards....good vibes!

What is your landing date as per COPR? As it will be a good case study for all of us to see how your file moves...

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
You are talking about your PR card - That is a good message for all of us waiting in sheer DESPERATION to get our cards....good vibes!

What is your landing date as per COPR? As it will be a good case study for all of us to see how your file moves...
Re-read his post. He is talking “ppr“, not “pr“, I’m afraid.

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
I landed on April 7th and still waiting on my first PR card. Unfortunately, IRCC is not giving any definitely answer about the timelines. They are just mentioning that it is processing. I linked my PR Card application to my CiC account but it also says processing. Any idea about the estimated wait time given that the processing timelines on the official website are no longer valid due to the COVID-19 crisis.

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Just to share my situation, I landed March 5th and as of today my application has still the status "submitted". I will let you know if there is any update ;)
Also, I have a question for those of you who applied online for a SIN number with the COPR letter. How long does it take to receive a SIN number? Is it fast?

Thanks for you help!
I applied for SIN online and got a rejection letter in 2 weeks due to the fact that I did not have any "Proof of Address" being a newcomer. I then talked to SIN department on the phone and they told me that all offices are closed and I can only apply via mail or online. The lady said that proof of address is a must and the application will be rejected even if I am a newcomer. She also mentioned that we are receiving around thousands of applications per day and with limited staff, our response time has increased. I re-applied using an address proof last week. I'm hoping for a positive response by next week.