+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Landed March 17
Thanks A ton for sharing this - best of luck to us all - SAME BOAT

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Yeah, I am one of those people who always got a response within 3-5 days in the last 40 days. What is more, I sent a couple of web forms back and forth. My queries were not regarding processing times though but specific issues I was having.

As for pr cards - zero updates here. Nada. Furthermore, no one who I know and who landed in mid March has had any movement in their applications.

However, someone got a reply from ircc. These people landed in mid March, too. The ircc replied that due to covid-19 processing of pr cards hadn’t even started yet. Imagine that!
U.N.I.M.A.G.I.N.A.B.L.E! - How on earrrrth can pr card processing not even start! Lorrrrrd Almighty :(

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My guesstimate is that, March arrivals will start getting the PR cards only in June or July. The lockdown is still in place and might even be extended to the end of May.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Peeps, I had raised webform on 19th Apr and received a template response today. No substantial information so guessing my PR card application is not even in progress. Hoping for some activity by mid May.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
So update from me. Got a webform back saying the mailed it.......to my old address.... That I not only changed by webform but gave the new one to the agent when I landed. The inefficiency of these guys doesn't cease to amaze me.

Now I'm trying to track down the envelope.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
So update from me. Got a webform back saying the mailed it.......to my old address.... That I not only changed by webform but gave the new one to the agent when I landed. The inefficiency of these guys doesn't cease to amaze me.

Now I'm trying to track down the envelope.
When did you land?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
U.N.I.M.A.G.I.N.A.B.L.E! - How on earrrrth can pr card processing not even start! Lorrrrrd Almighty :(
Yeah, that’s rather unfortunate but understandable.

A new development, someone called the ircc yesterday. Their pr cards haven’t been issued yet, and current processing times are unknown. The ircc told them to call back if they do not receive pr cards in the next 30 days. This someone landed in mid March.

Reactions: Jabya

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
they dispatched it March 18. Sent a web form last week. Got the reply today

Hey, thanks for the update. I too landed on Feb 13th. on Feb 26th I got mail to resubmit my photo to IRCC. I took the photo on the very next day and mailed it to them. The photo reached Sydney, Nova Scotia on March 4th. Since then there was no update from their side. on April 10 the I raised the web form asking if they actually receive my photo and about the progress. I had attached my Xpressspost tracking receipt and photo resubmission request letter along with the web form. I got the following response from them on April 17th :
"

We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before February 6, 2020.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

"

Did you link your PR card application to the Online IRCC account? if yes did they sent a notification via IRCC account when they dispatched PR card to your old address?

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hey, thanks for the update. I too landed on Feb 13th. on Feb 26th I got mail to resubmit my photo to IRCC. I took the photo on the very next day and mailed it to them. The photo reached Sydney, Nova Scotia on March 4th. Since then there was no update from their side. on April 10 the I raised the web form asking if they actually receive my photo and about the progress. I had attached my Xpressspost tracking receipt and photo resubmission request letter along with the web form. I got the following response from them on April 17th :
"

We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before February 6, 2020.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

"

Did you link your PR card application to the Online IRCC account? if yes did they sent a notification via IRCC account when they dispatched PR card to your old address?
I got told it had been approved through the account. Didn’t know it was sent to the wrong address until I got a reply to my web form today.
I spoke to the new person in my old address and they assured me they haven’t received anything addressed to me so now I’m trying to get a tracking number to see exactly where this is

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
I got told it had been approved through the account. Didn’t know it was sent to the wrong address until I got a reply to my web form today.
I spoke to the new person in my old address and they assured me they haven’t received anything addressed to me so now I’m trying to get a tracking number to see exactly where this is
From where are you getting the tracking number