+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I got it linked the 3 rd day landed. Just enter the informaiton right as per the COPR. I linked both mine and my wife in the first attempt.
It can be as per the information given in passport also. the information in the PR card application is entered by the Border officer. he may choose to enter info as per COPR or passport. For eg. My birthplace info was entered as per COPR which did not have the state name whereas my wife's was entered as per passport. Even the space between the state name and birthplace name matter.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
It can be as per the information given in passport also. the information in the PR card application is entered by the Border officer. he may choose to enter info as per COPR or passport. For eg. My birthplace info was entered as per COPR which did not have the state name whereas my wife's was entered as per passport. Even the space between the state name and birthplace name matter.
Yes I wanted to say it's not miraculous. The information are being entered by the CBSA officer when you are landed. So, if you tweak around the information it will get linked. Now the problem is when the cards get approved. I'm 47 days since landed.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Sometimes the linking will just NOT work if there is a data entry error during landing. That is what happened in my case. I tried ALL permutations and combinations of upcase, downcase, info on copr, info on passport, etc. for nearly a month. Then I started raising webform requests and figured out that my date of becoming pr was incorrectly entered in the system. They provided me that incorrect date to use for the linking purpose and it worked ! They also assured me that error has been noted and it will be fixed. By the way, status for my PR card is still "Submitted". I landed early March 2020.

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Last edited:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I asked IRCC’s official account on Twitter about whether they are still producing PR cards and got the following reply:
“The impacts of COVID 19 affect our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. You can find information about processing changes and their implications for IRCC clients on the IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/questions-visit-work-student.html”
This link does not work and even after checking the ircc website, there are no clues about how much time it would take to get the PR card.
It though states about delays regarding processing due to COVID-19 and PR card processing times currently shows 13 days and last updated March 8th 2020

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
This link does not work and even after checking the ircc website, there are no clues about how much time it would take to get the PR card.
It though states about delays regarding processing due to COVID-19 and PR card processing times currently shows 13 days and last updated March 8th 2020
I just updated the link. It should work now

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
D
Shows 13 days still but up top has a disclaimer “Due to disruptions caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), processing times are no longer accurate. We’re working to process applications as quickly as possible”

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Some tips if anyone is brave to visit ServiceOntario...My personal experience... There is one branch open in mississauga and one in brampton. I got my work done (ohip) but its pretty hard as there are way too many people... was quite exhausted... -

1. Get minimum 1.5 hour early before office opening (there were people sitting on the floor airport style gaurding their position in line)
2. Paper Tickets/Coupons of appointment time slots were given manually distributed by a person only to first 60 people(approx). Rest had to leave for the day and come back next day. They were P.I.S.S.E.D!
3. Time slots were - 9:30pm, 10:00pm, 10:30pm, 11:00pm... - I think then the staff takes a lunch break
4. Be ready to be cross questioned on anything and everything...
5. Get a bag/clear file with all your supporting documents
6. Were super comfortable shoes and clothing (think long haul flight)
7. Avoid drinking too much coffee/water as you will not get time for loo, constantly guarding your position in line.

There are like line of 70-80 people easily.

EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM!

I was 20th so I managed. I reached an hour early.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Peeps, I raised a webform last Sunday and still haven't got any response. Someone here said, about always getting response within 3-5 working day, anyways, anyone from March landing got any updates on PR card?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Peeps, I raised a webform last Sunday and still haven't got any response. Someone here said, about always getting response within 3-5 working day, anyways, anyone from March landing got any updates on PR card?
Yeah, I am one of those people who always got a response within 3-5 days in the last 40 days. What is more, I sent a couple of web forms back and forth. My queries were not regarding processing times though but specific issues I was having.

As for pr cards - zero updates here. Nada. Furthermore, no one who I know and who landed in mid March has had any movement in their applications.

However, someone got a reply from ircc. These people landed in mid March, too. The ircc replied that due to covid-19 processing of pr cards hadn’t even started yet. Imagine that!

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Yeah, I am one of those people who always got a response within 3-5 days in the last 40 days. What is more, I sent a couple of web forms back and forth. My queries were not regarding processing times though but specific issues I was having.

As for pr cards - zero updates here. Nada. Furthermore, no one who I know and who landed in mid March has had any movement in their applications.

However, someone got a reply from ircc. These people landed in mid March, too. The ircc replied that due to covid-19 processing of pr cards hadn’t even started yet. Imagine that!
Phew! People who landed in March are bit unlucky then in that context.

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Landed March 17

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Landed March 17
Hey! Could you possibly tell me when did you raise webform and when did you get this reply, I mean dates. Thanks!