+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Without PR Card you can enter back. If it's urgent then you could apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to enter back. But this should be done outside Canada. Moreover, you can enter Canada through Road via USA if you have US Visa (B1/B2 or transit). In this Case, the Border will accept COPR as proof of travel document.

I have across a post in another thread where the person left without PR card and he was able to enter back to Canada using PRTD.
Sure, I was told about PRTD on this thread itself and it seems helpful, my only worry is, PRTD might also take some time (Lets say weeks) so want to avoid that route. Can you point me to the location of this post you mentioned? Thanks!

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Thats the point, can't get out because I dont have PR card, and without PR card won't be able to come in again! hence the urgency! but situation is severe so delay is very much in line of it.
Thats the point, can't get out because I dont have PR card, and without PR card won't be able to come in again! hence the urgency! but situation is severe so delay is very much in line of it.
Hope you have checked the below IRCC link for information on PRTD document:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

This should help you with the tips & possible 'urgent' request for PRTD. The good part is: With landing, your PR status is secured - Once IRCC resumes normal operations outside Canada, you should get it fairly quick if you have a return ticket (to Canada) in hand as proof for urgent request.

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Hope you have checked the below IRCC link for information on PRTD document:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

This should help you with the tips & possible 'urgent' request for PRTD. The good part is: With landing, your PR status is secured - Once IRCC resumes normal operations outside Canada, you should get it fairly quick if you have a return ticket (to Canada) in hand as proof for urgent request.
Thank you!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I feel bad applying for a PRTD, because i'm already aware i shouldn't leave Canada without the PR card, because otherwise i won't be able to re-enter without it.

I have no immediate urgency, i just need to go back to get my stuff sorted before i can move back permanently. Therefore, i don't really want to apply for urgent processing.

So it's just...kinda frustrating because i'm just here, waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabya

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Without PR Card you can enter back. If it's urgent then you could apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to enter back. But this should be done outside Canada. Moreover, you can enter Canada through Road via USA if you have US Visa (B1/B2 or transit). In this Case, the Border will accept COPR as proof of travel document.

I have across a post in another thread where the person left without PR card and he was able to enter back to Canada using PRTD.
But is PRTD processing closed? I saw center in USA is closed.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Are March 2020 PR's Lucky or Unlucky? - We all have one 'landing as an immigrant' karma in common! - Only time will tell :)

With regards to my PR Card... I landed on 13th March at Toronto. My application is linked and status submitted. I will wait 61 days and on 15th May 2020 I will raise a webform request stating -

"Dear Officer, Regarding Application - 1234567891011 - Requesting any update on the dispatch of my PR card. I hope all things are in order. Please let me know if you need anything. Regards"

Is anyone planning to do this? let me know, moreover, in case you have any written update/response, please share it here! we are all so EXHAUSTED by the constant negativity and hopelessness in Media. Things shall get better by June! :)
I sent a web form on Sunday asking for the date they shipped my pr card.
The problem with me is that it’s coming up for 6 weeks since they approved the card.
Do I wait it out thinking the office is shut or do I submit the never got my card request and have to start from scratch?

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone, I landed as PR on March 16, 2020 and went back to USA. My PR card is in processing. I have been seeing posts about PR card processing now takes months if not more. But I plan to go to Canada in the summer.

Has anyone applied for PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) recently? I saw online the processing center in LA and NY are both closed. So just wondering if anyone knows what to do. Thanks!

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
The problem with me is that it’s coming up for 6 weeks since they approved the card.
Do I wait it out thinking the office is shut or do I submit the never got my card request and have to start from scratch?
Thanks for your post! May I ask if you’re sure they’ve shipped your PR card? Is it possible your card is still in being made?

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I didn't know there was something like "I never got my card" alert a candidate can send.... This is interesting...

What is the minimum wait time declared on the website after which one is supposed to send the "I never got my card" alert???

60 Days? (2 months)
120 Days? (4 months)
180 Days? (6 months) - JEEZ LOUEEZ! NOBODY can wait that long!!!!! :(

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been 6 weeks since my soft landing and there has been no update. I understand that these are exceptional times and hence the processing will surely be delayed. In any case, with limited international flights traveling to Canada even if I were to get the PR card is not an option.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
I didn't know there was something like "I never got my card" alert a candidate can send.... This is interesting...

What is the minimum wait time declared on the website after which one is supposed to send the "I never got my card" alert???

60 Days? (2 months)
120 Days? (4 months)
180 Days? (6 months) - JEEZ LOUEEZ! NOBODY can wait that long!!!!! :(
I'd be wary of using that option. It is usually if you were notified it had been approved, printed and mailed but never got it in the mail and its been 6 weeks. you sign a solemn declaration and they reprint and resend.
it is NOT for delays in receiving a card that has not been approved or printed at all.
see link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=720&top=4

when you click on solemn declaration, it says
Use this form if:
-you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
-your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.

Under processing times.. "Due to disruptions caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), processing times are no longer accurate. We’re working to process applications as quickly as possible" ...so processing times NO longer apply at the moment.

If you have to travel,
-request urgent processing of PR card https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
-OR apply for a PRTD (permanent resident travel document) when you get to destination
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

Last edited:

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
It seems like the proof of address for applying SIN online needs to be an address in Canada. My question is: does it? Assuming the proof of address is an extra layer of verification, can that address be outside Canada? Thanks!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You're supposed to apply for your sin number within Canada, that's why they ask for the address in Canada.

I believe when you apply in person they don't ask for the proof of address because you're there physically.

I don't think you'll get it if you put a foreign address.

Reactions: Jane2019