+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hey guys.. I just wanted to provide an update. I finally received my PR card in the mail today. It took 63 days!
Landed - 29th July
Linked my application - 30th July
Ghost update - 27th September
Approved and mailed - 2nd October
Received in the mail - 4th October

Last edited:

xyq140642

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hey guys.. I just wanted to provide an update. I finally received my PR card in the mail today. It took 63 days!
Landed - 29th July
Linked my application - 30th July
Ghost update - 37th September
Approved and mailed - 2nd October
Received in the mail - 4th October
you mean 27th sept?

xyq140642

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Yes my application got approved today(3rd Oct) with message - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
Your application should also get approved in a day or two.
This does not sound like make sense at all. Firstly, after mailed, takes up to 6 weeks to receive it, which is crazy.
Second, shouldn't you get approval before the card is mailed? It made no sense to wait a few days to get approval after your card has been mailed.

Jan 14, 2019
they constantly enter wrong information for applicants. I am married, everytime I tried enter married but with other options. System showed found no application. Then one time I accidently tried enter single, my application was found. ridiculous!
Thank you for sharing what happened to you. I tried too. It didn't work. Its already past 25 days since that I landed and I did not get the PR and I'm not able to link the application with my account.
I have a vacation trip in 30 days and I have not idea about what I should do. I saw here a lot of people that landed after me, and they already got their PR card. I even don't know if there is something wrong.
:(

Jan 14, 2019
Hey Guys

I need some suggestion from you guys. I landed on 12 sep and was hoping of getting PR card in 3 weeks but until now no update. Call CIC 3 time and no update yet. They said everything looks good in file so just wait. Now the thing is i am going back home for my cousin wedding on 16 oct and i don't know if i am going to receive it before that or not. I have heard that you can entered Canada with COPR/landing papers by land in private vehicle. So i am planning to change my return flight from India to US and then enter Canada by land. I do have US visa.

Any Suggestion if this will work or i should wait for PR card and cancel my trip?

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Hi, I am in the same situation as you. I also landed on Sept 12 at Niagara Falls. And I have a vacation trip to Mexico em 30 days. Like you, I landed 60 days before with the hope that it would be enough time to get my PR card. I know that to be back in Canada without the PR card by airplane I have to get a Permanente Resident Travel Document in some office outside Canada. However, for me, this will be a huge headache. And the worse situation here is that I can't link my PR card to my CIC account, so I have no idea about what is going on with my PR card. :(

Jan 14, 2019
Hi all,

I have called IRCC today and was told they are now processing applications from Sep 17.

My application was received on Sep 18 and I have just received a confirmation that they have started on it today. They also told me the linking your application online only works after they start processing it.

@trihuynh : I think they will get to your application early next week.

Here is the number I have called:+1 888 242 2100 . The lady I have spoken to was very helpful.
Is it this Number to get information about the PR card?
I am waiting for more than 25 days and I couldn't link to my account. I tried everything since my landing on Sept 12, 2019.
What are the hours that they work?

Thanks

Maryah$

Jun 6, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21/01/2019
Med's Done....
28/12/2018
Passport Req..
12/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
26/09/2019
Landing Interview at IRCC Etobicoke: Sep-27-2019
PR Card Application linked: September-29-2019
Ghost Update: October-2-2019 (Application/profile updated)

No messages in the account. Not sure what this update is for. Any idea?
How do you link your PR card application to your CIC online account?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Is it this Number to get information about the PR card?
I am waiting for more than 25 days and I couldn't link to my account. I tried everything since my landing on Sept 12, 2019.
What are the hours that they work?

Thanks
Yes 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) is the number to call. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m