+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

jayker2002

Feb 1, 2019
Finally,

I got Ghost Update on my cic account.

Photo resubmission delivered on Jan 9
Ghost Update Feb 21.

Hope that I dont need to resend another photo set...

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed: 31 Dec 2018
Ghost Update: 11 Feb 2019
IRCC somewhat messed:confused: up with the mailing address so called them to confirm the address: 18 Feb 2019
Approved: 21 Feb 2019
Hopefully by next week we receive the card. :)

Word of advice: If you see an update on your profile but do not see approved in next 3-4 days, call IRCC. Most probably they are missing your mailing address for PR card & they put your file on-hold but do not let you know that they need a mailing address to produce the card unless you have a photo re-submission request. Do not take this as a lawyer's word but this is what my personal experience was.

jvandermerwe

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Folks,

Good news!! My PR card arrived in Toronto today morning.Finally the wait is over!! Below is my timeline.

Landing: 02 Jan 2019
Ghost Update: 12 Feb 2019
Approved: 15 Feb 2019
PR card arrived: 21 Feb 2019

Note that it's taking 4 business days to come from Nova Scotia. Also for folks who are got approved on 14/15th Feb and based in TO areas should be getting their card today or latest tomorrow.

It's been a long journey for me, moving from US to Canada and getting PR. Only advice I would give everyone please trust the system and have a alooot of patience (since delays happen alot) and keep having hope!

Best of luck guys on getting your PR card. Next step towards citizenship. Onwards we march!

Happy for you! My wife's PR card approval was on the same day as yours (February 15th), we are out West in Calgary, so we are also holding our breaths for a possible delivery today or tomorrow.

Mo1992

Feb 21, 2019
Hey guys, couple questions here as I'm super anxious about this, if anyone can help please do!! thanks

Landed: January 3, 2019 (through New Brunswick ST Stephen Bureau border between Canada and USA) - Immigration officer signed the copies and gave me one (without the picture) - I used the COPR to get new SIN and NB Medical card

COPR paper says expiry date is on April 2019 (which is why I'm anxious to not recieve my PR card before that) - I was here before as a worker since 2011 so when I got my PR Confirmation, I just went to the border with my car and did an enter to USA and back to Canada for landing

did not receive my PR card yet, I linked the Permanent Resident Card application to my CIC account and it's says: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

and what is a ghost update? if it's an email from CIC I did not receive anything, I had to manually link my Permanent Resident Card application

what to do now? from January 3 to now its about 50 days! , CIC site says 41days!

Thank you!!

dennis_dennis

Jul 10, 2017
Hey guys, couple questions here as I'm super anxious about this, if anyone can help please do!! thanks

Landed: January 3, 2019 (through New Brunswick ST Stephen Bureau border between Canada and USA) - Immigration officer signed the copies and gave me one (without the picture) - I used the COPR to get new SIN and NB Medical card

COPR paper says expiry date is on April 2019 (which is why I'm anxious to not recieve my PR card before that) - I was here before as a worker since 2011 so when I got my PR Confirmation, I just went to the border with my car and did an enter to USA and back to Canada for landing

did not receive my PR card yet, I linked the Permanent Resident Card application to my CIC account and it's says: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

and what is a ghost update? if it's an email from CIC I did not receive anything, I had to manually link my Permanent Resident Card application

what to do now? from January 3 to now its about 50 days! , CIC site says 41days!

Thank you!!
Don’t bother about the date of expiration as long as your PR card is under processing. You are already a permanent resident in the federal records. Let them take their time to process

Reactions: Emenaik007

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Did you link your account on CIC website (where you did your PR stuff)? Mine currently says "Submitted", but I'm hoping to see some movement soon since my photos were received on January 11th..
I just did. I didn't know we can link it.
Same here, it just says submitted, I was getting worried, its a relief to find out there are other people on this boat :D

hello-world

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
02-03-2018
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2018
LANDED..........
29-12-2018
Landed: Dec. 29, 2018
Approved: Feb. 15, 2019
PR card arrived: Feb. 21, 2019

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello guys,

My PR card application shows approved as of 8th Feb and it has not been delivered to my address yet. I am residing in BC and considering there had been a huge snowfall in BC throughout last week, I assume the delivery is getting slow but it's been almost 2 weeks already.

Do I need to raise the web form or give some more wait?

P.S If it happens that my PR card was gone missing while delivering, will CIC send me another card without asking me for the new photo?

jvandermerwe

Jan 28, 2019

Thank you!!
The "expiry date" is the date your medical was valid until. If you would have gone past that date and still not become a PR, you would have had to redo your medical. Since you have landed, just ignore that date.
The "ghost update" is a silly term used by some. There is no such thing... It simply means there was an update on the file without you being notified by email. However, if you linked your application, you will receive an email to notify you of a change and to go look....
For the time-span (currently 41 days), somewhere on the GC website it explains that "80%" of the PR cards are approved, processed, mailed and delivered by the number of days stated. It may be longer for photo reasons, it may be shorter for expedited reasons. It does not mean there is a problem. I will be worried though if the time from approval to non - delivery goes beyond 10-14 days.

[For us, we are awaiting my wife's PR card, likely arriving tomorrow or on Monday. She landed on the 12th, we applied for expedited processing on the 13th, we received notification that it has been approved and sent for processing on the 15th. I am guessing they would have mailed it on the 18th, and if I add 4 business days to the 18th from Novo Scotia to Calgary, it should likely arrive tomorrow.]

Mo1992

Feb 21, 2019
The "expiry date" is the date your medical was valid until. If you would have gone past that date and still not become a PR, you would have had to redo your medical. Since you have landed, just ignore that date.
The "ghost update" is a silly term used by some. There is no such thing... It simply means there was an update on the file without you being notified by email. However, if you linked your application, you will receive an email to notify you of a change and to go look....
For the time-span (currently 41 days), somewhere on the GC website it explains that "80%" of the PR cards are approved, processed, mailed and delivered by the number of days stated. It may be longer for photo reasons, it may be shorter for expedited reasons. It does not mean there is a problem. I will be worried though if the time from approval to non - delivery goes beyond 10-14 days.

[For us, we are awaiting my wife's PR card, likely arriving tomorrow or on Monday. She landed on the 12th, we applied for expedited processing on the 13th, we received notification that it has been approved and sent for processing on the 15th. I am guessing they would have mailed it on the 18th, and if I add 4 business days to the 18th from Novo Scotia to Calgary, it should likely arrive tomorrow.]

Thank you very much for the explanation, you and the others.

Right after I wrote this message on this thread, I received an envelope on the mail saying I should re-send photos of me as the one they received before were not validated, so I guess that's good news, now I have to take new pictures, send it to them and wait!

Raman789

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Got pr card today based in Toronto. Approved on Feb 15th.

Good luck for everyone!
Congrts. Mine is also approved on 20. But i am scared of loosing my card bcoz i am at work till 7. Already 2 3 mails had gone back. So is dere any possibilty that canada post contacts the person for which the mail is?

Jonasin

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Congrts. Mine is also approved on 20. But i am scared of loosing my card bcoz i am at work till 7. Already 2 3 mails had gone back. So is dere any possibilty that canada post contacts the person for which the mail is?
They dont contact you ar need to be present, they leave it in your personel mail box where you live