+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Here's my updated timeline:
Landed (Toronto): Nov 3rd 2018
Photo Resubmission Request (email): Dec 20th 2018
Photos Sent: Jan 2nd 2019 (was waiting for photo letter to come in postal mail which never arrived)
Photos Delivered : Jan 8th 2019hs
Ghost Update: Feb 18th 2019
Status changed to Approved: Feb 20th 2019
Now waiting for PR Cards to deliver.

Any idea how long does it take for cards to arrive in Ontario?
I received the photo resubmission request on Jan 14th, where do you receive these ghost updates/status changes?
I can see that people are posting their timeline with updates and approves , I donno how to check :(

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
After soft landing, how long does it take for the PR card application to show up in online search. When I try to add my application in MyCIC, it says no application found.
Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

Once you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)Hope it will work.

Jonasin

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
How to know it ghost updated? Where can I find it
Somtimes, you get an email informing that there and update in your profile, but when you login into your account, there is nothing and no message to read.
Sometimes, it means that they did start working on your pictures recived and they check if it is correct or not.
if correct and not rejection, the status of the profile passe to Approved
if not, somtimes, they send another pictures request
This is what I did read in this forum

dk27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
USA
I received the photo resubmission request on Jan 14th, where do you receive these ghost updates/status changes?
I can see that people are posting their timeline with updates and approves , I donno how to check :(
Did you link your account on CIC website (where you did your PR stuff)? Mine currently says "Submitted", but I'm hoping to see some movement soon since my photos were received on January 11th..

ari19

Feb 11, 2019
Hi Folks,

Good news!! My PR card arrived in Toronto today morning.Finally the wait is over!! Below is my timeline.

Landing: 02 Jan 2019
Ghost Update: 12 Feb 2019
Approved: 15 Feb 2019
PR card arrived: 21 Feb 2019

Note that it's taking 4 business days to come from Nova Scotia. Also for folks who are got approved on 14/15th Feb and based in TO areas should be getting their card today or latest tomorrow.

It's been a long journey for me, moving from US to Canada and getting PR. Only advice I would give everyone please trust the system and have a alooot of patience (since delays happen alot) and keep having hope!

Best of luck guys on getting your PR card. Next step towards citizenship. Onwards we march!

Reactions: dolfin and dk27