+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

dk27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
USA
This is the same idea i had as well..just give them sets from 3 different photographers and they choose 1...that way if they get rejected, you just give up on the card
Isn't there a limit for how many times they can request someone's photos before just issuing the card?

chris8890

May 2, 2018
This is the same idea i had as well..just give them sets from 3 different photographers and they choose 1...that way if they get rejected, you just give up on the card
No giving up is not the way here, I went to this frustration and gave up hope but eventually got my PR card really fast after sending them new photos. I would suggest ask the photographer to measure the photos with scale after printing and cutting them. It is not hard they just need to put little focus. Tell them if your photo gets rejected it is really pain so you want to make sure everything is done right at this time.
Again ask them to measure the printed copy with the scale, they do have scale with them.
One thing to add send the photos with express delivery not via regular mail. They have a separate address for express mails.

Reactions: dk27

chris8890

May 2, 2018
Isn't there a limit for how many times they can request someone's photos before just issuing the card?
I doubt there is limit I have seen people asked photos 3 times. What I think they have printing problem if photos does not meet the specifications. I have heard from my friends in Canada that these days photos rejection is very common and there photos got rejected as well at the time of renewal, but no need to panic it will work out just send them two different sets carefully measured from two different commercial/ wedding photographers.

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
I got the ghost update on 12th. Still waiting on approval. I believe you had a ghost update on 11th. Did you hear back?
Ok and no update yet, still waiting, maybe by end of the week we will get approval..

andy1011

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Guys, quick update on pr card delivery:

Photo request Dec 14
Photo delivered Dec 19
Ghost update Feb 4
Profile showed approved on Feb 6 (email from CIC came on Feb 8 saying there was update in the profile)
Card delivered to Edmonton AB today Feb 13, so a week to deliver the card to Alberta.

For those who is waiting for the card after photo re-submission, i feel the process is getting better now, chill out a little bit and you guys will get the good news!!! Good luck and enjoy the new journey in Canada!!! Thanks all for sharing your info.
***Next up: I think all of us will jump into another hot topic (in 2022): citizenship :cool::cool::cool::cool:. Hope to see all the familiar names here in that topic ;)

Stay tuned, the pain is almost over, no pain no gain!!!

T.S

Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am posting my timeline here:

Landed: 1 Nov, 2018
Received Photo Request: 20 Dec-18
Sent Photos: 21 Dec-18
Photos Delivered: 28-Dec-18
Profile updated- 12-Feb-19 (Ghost Update in profile, no email)
Approved : waiting for final decision
PR Card - Waiting for PR Card

Hoping to get approval by end of this week.
Thank you

Reactions: jayker2002

Vikyad

Feb 11, 2019
Hello everyone ,
I am new to this forum and learned a lot from experts in this forum .
My time lines
Landed in Toronto : 12 Oct
Photo resubmission : 5 Dec
Submitted : 20 Dec
Delivered : 28 Dec
Ghost update : 13 Feb
Email received : 14 Feb
Status as of now : submitted
Waiting for approval
Is there any chance still to receive photo resubmission request at this stage ?
Hope to receive approval soon for myself and all members waiting for the it.